Chapter 14 - Getting Sidetracked

Five. Years.

I can't believe it! No, I really can't.

Five years have gone by since 2013 when I found my little Pinkie Pie in a cardboard box. Since the kiss with Josh in 2014, things have been going great. Josh has come by often, bringing toys and treats for Pinkie. Sometimes, we play video games when he comes over, sometimes we hang out with Pinkie. It's so great how Josh hasn't told anyone about her, which I'm eternally grateful for.

I'll never admit that I'm crushing hard on Josh big time. Besides, he had a girlfriend, unfortunately for me. Why are all the good ones taken? He probably doesn't even like me in that way anyways. That's why it's called a crush. Because it's crushing.

Pinkie and I come over only when his girlfriend is out. One time, Pinkie and I had to hide under Josh's bed for 20 minutes and then sneak out the back door to make sure Josh's girlfriend didn't find us out. You'll notice I refer that hoe bag to 'his girlfriend'. Oh my gosh, did I just call someone a hoe bag? That's kinda mean, no wonder Josh doesn't like me.

Well, his girlfriend does have jugs the size of Jupiter and she does have bleached blonde hair and orange skin from fake tanning. Not to mention her face is caked with makeup all the time. She isn't exactly nice to Josh, either, from the information I've gathered when I overhear her talking to him while Pinkie and I are hiding from her in cupboards or closets. Like, she's so controlling!

She knows that Josh and I are friends and thinks I'm a potential threat to their relationship or something. Josh is too good for me. She should know that, even though we've never met. But I still hate her because she's dating my crush. What's so good about her, anyway? I bet I could be just as good a girlfriend than her.

It's not like I'm jealous or anything, because I'm so not jealous, why would I be jealous, who said I was jealous? I'm not jealous.

Anyway, changing the subject, Pinkie and I go to the park often at night. Josh comes along as well, sometimes. The two have really grown on each other, and one time Pinkie came with me to his house. It was adorable! Pinkie was amazed at everything, even the front door. "Wow, you have a big backyard!" She exclaimed.

They played soccer outside, which, I have to believe, Josh is actually very good at. "It's because my parents made me do it when I was a kid. I didn't mind it, but I didn't really like it either," he told me.

Josh has been trying to convince me to bring Pinkie to BronyCon, lately, and I'm starting to give in. "I'll think about it," I murmured over the phone once.

"Yesss!" I hear over the line and I roll my eyes.

Oh, Josh.

Today, however, after long consideration, I am going out to buy Pinkie a pet. Now, nothing too big! Only like, a guinea pig or something. It's May 3rd, Pinkie's birthday. How do I know that? I googled it. If only I could do that with human kids.

I grab my cell phone and speed dial Josh's number to tell him the master plan. I'll take Pinkie to Josh's place for a while, go off and buy her a pet, get all the things it needs and set it up, then take Pinkie back home and surprise her! Thankfully, he's happy to oblige and says he'll get a present and cake and stuff, and that I should come over at about 1:00pm.

"Alright, Pinkie! Do you want to come with me to visit Josh?" I call and she cheers from upstairs.

I'm already ready to go, so Pinkie just follows me into the car. I'm sad that now it doesn't have its' new car smell anymore, but meh. What are you gonna do?

Pinkie hops in the backseat, I press my foot on the accelerator, and we begin the journey to Josh's place. I still haven't told Pinkie that it's her birthday. I don't know why, maybe I'm just trolling her.