Chapter 12 - New Year's Gathering... AGAIN. Pt1

Hoooly shit. What am I gonna do, what am I gonna do?

It's New Years' Eve. As in, the day before I found Pinkie Pie. Yeah, that day.

Spoilers for the last five months; Pinkie's toy pet alligator, Gummy, arrived. She didn't realise it wasn't real until like, 20 minutes later. Even then, she didn't care.

I finished my book! The publisher had doubts, but dayum, was he wrong! My tiny little fandom exploded into billions of girls going fire cracking crazy for the next book. Which, of course, lead to thousands, possibly MILLIONS of dollars. Ok, just thousands. But still, I might just be able to buy an awesome house in the country so Pinkie can go outside whenever she wants. It would mean leaving the city, but anything for her.

I didn't tell Pinkie about my birthday. I mean, after telling her about the whole Mark thing, I didn't want her to make a fuss over me. But somehow, she found out and threw a confetti bomb in my face. And then threw chocolate cake at me. At least, I hope it was chocolate cake. Anyways...

Christmas was awesome! I decided not to 'tell' Pinkie about Santa because... well... only adults will know. But apparently Pinkie had been planning a Heart's Warming play for weeks now and almost all the actors are made out of paper, paint and cardboard tubes. The whole thing was adorable, and actually pretty cool.

Pinkie also snapped a twig off of the oak tree outside and put it in a styrofoam cup full of snow. After showering it in glitter, and after I asked her what the fuck she was doing, she told me she was growing a Christmas glitter tree, and that it'd grow bigger in years to come. Don't look at me!

And for presents? I gave Pinkie three My Little Pony toy sets, paints and I cleared out the spare room so now Pinkie doesn't have to sleep in my room anymore. Huzzah! No more early mornings for me!

To give me a present, Pinkie painted a picture of me, her and Gummy playing in the snow, even though we never did that 😕.

In the end, I did end up going to BronyCon, but by myself. It was awesome, yes, and I dressed up in my Twilight Sparkle cosplay that I managed to fix after Pinkie's... incident. I vlogged there, which is like video blogging, so Pinkie could see what it was like. I have no idea what she was doing at home, but nothing exploded by the time I got back, so I was good. I also ran into a distant BronyCon friend, Rachael, I think her name was, and met this other guy named Josh who I get along with really well. He gave me his number when Con finished, and NO, not in a flirtationship kinda way. As a friendly gesture. So we could keep being friends. And, for the record, I did call him. Which is why I'm in this torn predicament right now!

What predicament I hear you ask? Well, I successfully managed to avoid any physical contact with my family by saying they couldn't possibly come to my house like last year because I was sick. I didn't mention the fact that it was practically their fault that I had to get myself drunk to wash away the memory of them sucking so much that I had to get myself drunk!

Okay, so where was I? Oh, yes.

So, you know Josh? He found out I didn't have plans for New Year's. Well, I did, with Pinkie, but I couldn't tell him that. I sometimes hang out at his house, he invites me over to play video games, but I never really told Pinkie Pie about him. As far as she knows, I just went out to a spa or something.

Anyways, Josh invited me to his New Year's party at his house, if I wasn't doing anything else. I declined over the phone, pretending I was sick and using that as an excuse not to go. Truth is, Pinkie and I are planning our own New Years party, with Pinkie bouncing around the house throwing streamers around.

And then, when I think Josh can't do anything about it - he can.

"You're sick?" He says over the phone, "Aw, that sucks... well, get better for me!"