Chapter 1

"LYLA! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"
OMG I overslept. Again! I think I have a problem with waking up. I should really hurry up.
"OK MOM! I'LL BE READY IN LIKE 5 MINUTES, I hope."
I got up from my bed and walked over to my closet. Hmm. What should I wear.
Being the most boring I am, I put on a plain shirt, jeans, a sweater, and vans. I walked over to my mirror. Ugh my hair is horrific. I got my hairbrush and just went over my plain brown hair. I'm the kind of girl you'll see everywhere on a typical day as you can most likely already tell.
I went downstairs to the kitchen. My mom looked furious.
"Honestly Lyla. Why can't you ever wake yourself up?" My mom said.
"I'm sorry, Mom. Like I try" I responded
"Well you better hurry up and eat."
I sat down at the dinner table and ate cereal. I looked at the time. 7:22! Oh no! I got up from my chair and ran to get my backpack.
"BYE MOM I'M LATE"
"Ya I know."
I hurried out the door and ran to my bus stop. Phew. I got there just in time. I got on the bus and took out my phone. I also got out my earphones and listened to some music. Bus time is sort of like where I can relax. If only the younger kids weren't here.
------after bus ride-------
I got off the noisey bus and went in the school. My best friend Ivah was there waiting. Ivah is a girl that's sort of like me but more crazy.
"Heyo!" She greeted
"Sup"
"Let's go to the band room 'cause I need to but my instrument there."
"Sure. I mean like I do to." I said holding up my flute.
We walked together to the band room talking about what happened. I was telling her about another "getting up late story" until I almost ran into someone.
Zach. Oh no. I could feel myself getting red and a tight knot forming in my stomach.
"Oh hey. Sorry, Lyla I should watch where I'm going more." He said with a smile that made me melt.
"It's fine, honestly. I was just distracted." I said smiling back.
"Oh ok well see ya later then!"
What the hell, Lyla. Why can't you ever just actually talk to him!