Chapter 9

Zach's pov:

Lyla was sick today. Poor girl. I wish she was here with me.
I headed to math class.
"Sup Zach!"
I turned around.
"Hey Sandra."
"So you and Lyla were on a date earlier this week?"
"Yeah."
It's always awkward talking to Sandra. I.. I dont know. She seems not really trustworthy.
I got to class and got to learning.
No Lyla to talk with.
"Ok class. Today we're going to be doing a group/partner work. So get into Pairs or groups. Doesnt really matter."
I looked around.
"Zach wanna be partners!" I looked over my shoulders. Sandra. I sighed.
"Sure."

-------next day-------

Lyla is back. Yay!
"Hey, cutie!" She greeted taking my hand.
"Hey, gorgeous!" I held up her hand and kissed it.
She started blushing. She leaned in-
"Hey couple!" Someone got in between us and put their arms around is both. I looked at the person.
"Hey Sandra!"
"Hey Lyla! Are you feeling better!" She touched her forehead.
"Duh. If i werent, i wouldnt be here at school."
"Yeah. And im glad she is back 'cause i missed her!" I said smiling.
Cant Sandra like leave us alone pleaseee!

Lyla's POV

I walked to lunch with Ivah. She seemed really sad. And i dont know why!
"Ivah? Are you okay?" I asked putting my hand on her shoulder.
She looked up from the ground and at my hand.
"Yea!" She said with a forced smile."
We sat down at a lunch table.
"No you arent. Whats wrong. I hate seeing you like this!"
Ivah looked at me. She took a deep breath.
"My parents...told me that we have to move. To Colorado. And i dont want to leave. I wanted to finish up high school. And then go to a college. And i wanted to stay here with Zyla and Sandra." Ivah said with a weak smile.
"Im so sorry Ivah. I wish i could change that."
"But you cant. The house is already bought and we leave in a week."
I hugged Ivah.
"I still wont forget my crazy lovable amazing friend."
We finished up our lunch and headed to class. Ivah went to history and i went to biology.
"See ya later Lyla!"
"See ya!"
I turned around and stopped in my tracks. The moment i saw what was in front of my eyes made me feel like i just fell into a pit. I just wanted to cry.

Zachs POV

I started heading to biology. I saw Lyla talking to Ivah. They seemed like they were talking about something serious so i didnt want to interupt.
"Hey cutie."
I stopped walking. Lyla calls me cutie but that didnt sound like Lyla. Unless they changed her voice. I turned around.
Sandra stood there smirking.
"What." Why was she looking at me like this...
"Oh nothing."
I walked backwards slowely as she started walking towards me.
"Sandra stop. Okay!" What was going on.
She walked towards me faster. I felt a wall.
"Sandra stop. Lyla is your best friend! Why would you-"
She put a finger on my lips.
I pushed her hand away. She stared at me.
Ringgg
The bell rang. She rushed at me and slammed me against the wall and kept me there tight. She started to kiss me viciously. I tried pushing her away.
She finally let go. And all she did was walk away. Smirking.
I looked around. Shocked. And there on the floor 15 feet away from me was Lyla. I instantly felt like crying. She was on the floor sobbing.

Lyla's POV

I kept crying.
Why?! Im confused and hurt. Just let me die! Please. I was fooled. I felt like my heart cracked into tiny pieces. No way to stick the pieces together. My heart is a puzzle now that no one can solve.
I felt arms around me. I looked to see who's they were and saw Zach.
"No go away!" I yelled in frustation. I pulled his arms away. He looked hurt.
"Lyla! San-"
"No.. Ju-just leave me alone." I got up from the floor and went to the bathroom. Not looking back.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺