Chapter 25: Mess Around

"Anong ginagawa natin dito sa opisina niya?" Katy asked quietly. I didn't bother to look at her and just let my eyes remain closed while my back is leaning comfortably on his swivel chair.

We arrived too early for today at the restaurant. I went straight to the Manager's Office and Katy just followed.

Well, I came here not to work, but to clarify something. My mind is in blast with thoughts and I don't know what to trust.

Paanong sumagi sa isip ko na si Devon ay ang Mafia Boss? Ha! That's the most hilarious thing I've ever thought. Impossible. He's just around my age. Maaaring mataas ang rangko niya sa mafia but not being the boss. Ang pagiging Don ay maraming hinahawakang responsibilidad at hindi niya na pagkakaabalahang sundan ang isang suwail na kagaya ko sa organisasyon. No. No, he's not the Don. That's too impossible for me to imagine.

But the letter...

It's asking me to be careful 'cause the Don is following me.

Maybe I misinterpreted it. Maybe it meant that the Don is following me through Devon's eyes instead. Right! Baka iyon nga ang ibig-sabihin nito. That's more appropriate.

I open my eyes and glance at Katy. What if I'm wrong and he's really the Don? Well, Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

"Hindi ba sila magagalit kung bakit pumasok tayo dito ng basta-basta?" She asked once more.

"Pwede silang magalit," sagot ko. "Pwede rin akong pumatay."

Napailing na lamang si Katy sa narinig at tipid na ngumiti. Unti- unti naman itong nawala. "A-anong nararamdaman mo?" she said.

Nagtaas ako ng kilay, "About what?"

"Anong nararamdaman mo kapag...pumapatay ka?" She questioned hesitantly and look down at the tiled floor, avoiding my stare. Saglit namayani ang katahimikan bago ako nagsalita.

"How do you feel whenever you walk?" Balik-tanong ko.

"Ha?"Nagtataka itong napatingin sa akin. "W-wala," she answered questionably and I look directly at her eyes, showing no emotions.

"Exactly."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

"That's what I feel whenever I kill someone," I said. "Killing to me became too ordinary that I couldn't feel anything now about it. It's like I'm doing a job that is done regularly. And the redundancy of it made me feel empty."

I watched her reaction. She opened her mouth but didn't speak like she lost her words and just ended up staring at me. The atmosphere became silent and morbid, too. I can even taste pity out of it. It stopped when the door opens. Sabay kaming napatingin rito and I was expecting him to enter. But my expectations didn't come to reality. Instead, pink heels stepped in.

It was Barbie followed by April.

Napatigil silang pareho ng makita kami. I felt Katy tensed. I didn't mind April's presence, I just stared at Barbie who's quite shock too to see me sitting pretty on the manager's chair. Lumipat ang tingin kosa pinto at tinignan kung may kasunod pa sila pero wala ng iba pang pumasok.

So,the demon's not here today. I can't interrogate him.

Barbie coughed for attention and said, "I think employees are not allowed here."

Katy quickly looked at me and excused herself as she went out. I didn't. Ngayon ay kaming tatlo na lang ang natira.

"Ano pang hinihintay mo?" Mataray na wika muli ni Barbie. Hindi ko siya pinansin. Talking to her will be a waste of time. It's like I'll be talking to a dummy doll.

"Where is he?" I asked instead, looking at April. Barbie quickly showed a pinched expression of disapproval and she narrowed her eyes on me.

"So," she scoffed. "You're a real slut, aren't you? Is this your way of seducing my boyfriend?" She barked a short mocking laugh. I just watched her with bemused smile. "First, you went to his house. And now, you're waiting in his office. Ganito ba ang ginagawa mo araw-araw para lang mapansin niya? Ha! You're such a delusional bitch! You can never seduce him now that I'm his girlfriend." Singhal niya. Ngayon ay ako naman ang sarkastikong tumawa.

"Oh, Barbie," I leaned my elbows on the table and placed my chin on my hand. "The more you speak, the more you prove how dummy you are. No one is seducing who. You can take your demonic boyfriend away from here and build your own forlorn, stupid happily ever after. You can even marry him and chain him to death for all I care." Tumayo ako mula sa kinauupuan ko at naglakad patungo sa kanila para lumabas. Hindi darating ang pakay ko ngayong araw.

"Of course, yan ang sasabihin mo. You're one of those stereotype-kind of bitchy sluts who won't admit their delusions." Tapang-tapangan nitong saad. "Ano bang habol mo sa boyfriend ko? Pera?" Hindi ko siya pinansing muli. I tried to walk passed them but she grab my arm. "I'm still talking to you, Fugly Slut--"

The moment I felt her filthy palm on my skin, my system automatically countered. I twisted her arm, grabbed her neck, and smashed her whole body on the nearest wall. Sickly gasps stirred my ear. April flinched but didn't stop me no further. Barbie started coughing as I continue choking her to death.

"You know what's the lesson for you this morning, Dummy Barbie?" I asked sweetly to her choking face. She tried to struggle away from my grip but I banged her body more to the wall. "It is about not provoking the killer to kill."

"A...A...April," she called for her. "H-help."

I glanced at April. Agad itong umiling at yumuko. She stepped back and said, "I...I only follow Sir Devon's orders."

Nanlaki ang mata ni Barbie sa narinig bago tuluyang nanlisik ang tingin nito. "Y-You! Useless Dimwit!" She struggled to snap at her.

"What now?" Inangat ko ang katawan niya sa pader. I smirked when she started coughing to death. "Killing you now would be really easy. Let's prolong your agony a little." She look down at me helplessly.

I abruptly released her. Agad itong napahandusay sa sahig at mabilis na humugot ng malalalim na hininga. But that didn't last when I forcefully grabbed her hair as she cried in pain. I smashed her face to wall, making sure I broke her nose. She shrieked and cried as blood gushed out her broken nose. For the finale, I kicked her away from me. She stumbled pathetically on the ground and starred at me in fear.

"Learn  who to mess with," I said and walk to door like nothing happened.