Chapter 28: Rage

I glared at the traffic signal above the post when a red light flicker. I stepped on the break harshly to avoid bumping to the car in front of us. Napadpad kami sa isang syudad na maraming nagdadagsaang sasakyan kung kaya't tuluyan na kaming naipit sa trapiko.

"Stupid cars," I murmured to no one particular and begun tapping my finger on the steering wheel impatiently.

We are just about a few kilometers away from our destination. And this fucking traffic is getting into my nerves! I could feel the rage twisting inside my chest like a rubber band. With the thought that I'm getting closer and closer to his mansion, I could feel the band tightening. It was as if the inside of this car is pressing together against me.

"So," Gazelle spoke, breaking the long silence since we left April in the restaurant. "Si Devon Henderson ay ang Don ng Clemente Mafia?" wika nito kasabay ng pagberde ng ilaw sa stoplight.

My grip to the steering wheel abruptly tightened and I stepped on the gas angrily. Just the thought of it,it already makes my blood boil. Agad kong nilagpasan ang mga kotse sa aking unahan at matulin na pinatakbo ang sasakyan.

"H-Hey!" gulat na sigaw Gazelle sa bilis ng aking pagpapatakbo. "Dahan-dahan lang!" she started to panic. Mabilis niyang sinuot ang kanyang seatbelt at mariin itong napakapit rito. "Aurora, dahan-dahan lang!"

I didn't listen to her. Instead, I did the otherwise. Mas binilisan ko pa ang pagmamaneho. Malakas na bumusina ang mga sasakyang bigla-bigla kong nilalapagsan.

"Well, I don't know how to make this thing slow," kalmadong wika ko sa kanya. "Besides, it's my first time to drive." I told her, adding fuel to her burning fright. It's true, anyway. I mostly commute whenever assassinate someone back then. And right now, it's not hard for me to manipulate and drive cars. I can learn by just simply looking at it.

"WHAT?!" isang malakas na sigaw nito pabalik sa akin. Gulat na gulat itong napatingin sa akin na tila tinubuan ako ng isa pang ulo. I just gave her an annoying, lazy smirk. I think if there are numerous seat belts on her chair, she would buckle them all around her body right now.

"You can open the door beside you and jump now." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, my God!" sigaw nito. "Tell me you're fucking joking!"

Hindi ko siya sinagot at hinayaan siyang magwala sa kinauupuan nito. I went to the other lane as I'm about to overtake another bus. Malayo pa lang ay may natatanaw na akong isang malaking trailer truck na sasalubong sa amin. I increased the speed and horned the bus, but it won't back down.

"Truck! AURORA, THERE IS A TRUCK!" Gazelle shrieked beside me as the truck gets closer. Well, I can clearly see that. The panic in her voice rose a thousand times. I gave her a swift glance. Hysteria is eating her alive. Halos ilubog nito ang sarili sa kinauupuan. She's muttering curses under her breath while her eyes are wide open.

I stepped on the gas more and the engine roared louder. The motion pulled as to our seats as I firmly gripped on the steering wheel. I narrowed my eyes at the coming truck blankly, void of fear. Gazelle made another high shrill piercing cry of terror together with the loud horns of the truck. Meters away, she covered her head as she curled herself on the passenger's seat.Before it could even crash us, I quickly maneuvered the car to the right, passing through the gap between the truck and the bus.

I overtook the bus successfully over that coming trailer truck. This time, I loosened and decreased the speed of the car.

I can still hear Gazelle taking sharp intakes of breath like she's running out of oxygen, still unmoved from her covered position. 'Di nagtagal ay unti-unti itong sumilip sa daan.