Chapter 3: The Wrong Entry

Shinganshina 1879
"The Royal Broadcast"

Levi's POV

The words rang out and my breaths paused. Silence slowly began to envelope the room and I felt my heart beating out my chest. The usually silent sound of blood in my ears nos sounder like it was roaring

My hands started to shake as I picked back up the list of contestants. My eyes skimmed the paper rapidly till I hit what I was looking for. Entry 12, Eren Jaeger. A male entry....

((3rd PERSON))

"Sorry for the delay, I just needed to make a proof read. A-all is correct..." Levi mumbled and shifted papers before clearing his throat and resumed "Thank you for all the people who sent in their entries but only 12 could be chosen. As of tomorrow our final contestants will be taken here to the palace where their lives will change forever. Also a great thanks to Shinganshina, every week there will be a live airing of The Royal Broadcast to keep you all up to date so stay tuned. Till then...."

After Levi seen the cameras cut of he frantically looked through all the papers again.... And again.... And again. It was indeed a male, by the name of Eren Jaeger....

Shinganshina 1879
"The Jaeger's House"

"Eren's gonna be a princess! Eren's gonna be a princess! " Elyse giggled and skipped through the living room

Eren sat on the couch completely frozen, his eyes Not moving from the TV screen. The same words kept playing in his head Eren Jaeger, entry 12.

How did this happen?!?! He thought to himself. "Elyse you delivered the entry didn't you?!" Eren said, anger slightly in his voice

Elyse giggle and nodded "Yep! Oopsies, I guess I grabbed the wrong birth certificate.... Sorry Renny..."

"I'm not doing this bullshit! I am a boy and he is too!" Eren shouted standing up from the couch

Elyse flinched and covered her ears running into the kitchen "Auntie Karla! Eren said a swear word!"

Eren sighed and followed her into the kitchen ready to be scolded by his mother. Swearing definitely wasn't aloud in the house....

Karla crossed her arms as she watched Eren slowly walk in, his head hanging low "You have some explaining mister...."

Eren sighed once more before walking over to her "Sorry mother but we have a situation.... A really bad situation...."

His mother nodded and and dropped her arms to her sides. "Go on ahead, I'm listening..." She said sternly.

"Instead of entering Mikasa into The Pageant, Elyse entered me in on accident and I was chosen!!!" Eren spat out, then sighed in relief. He then looked up to see her reaction

Karla's eyes widened and the tension in the room grew thick before there was a bright airy laughter that cut clean through it. Surprisingly, it was his own mother's "That's wonderful honey! This will be great!"

Eren nearly spat out the tea he wasn't drinking "WHAT?! We are both boys and it was supposed to be Mikasa !"

Karla rolled her eyes and shook her head "Oh honey, sometimes you find exactly what you looking for when you least expect it. Male or female... The gender shouldn't matter!"

Eren scoffed shaking his head "I'm not doing this! I'd rather just drop out....!" He mumbled

Karla sighed and shrugged before bending over and taking the pie out the oven. "If you don't wanna do it yourself then do it for us!" Eren you should know by now that we are in the part of the city that is nothing but poverty! You winning could bring us a great fortune!" Think of Elyse....

Eren's POV

I looked over to the young girl. She may have been the cause of this whole big fiasco but she was still mh cousin. I loved her.

I still remember the long nights she would sleep by me and keep me awake with the grumbling of her still hungry stomach. It always pained me that we couldn't provide enough to get her a full meal every night. Mom was right, I had to do this.... I inhaled deeply before spatting out the words

"I'll do it! I will compete for the hand of Prince Levi Ackerman!"
__________________________________________________________________________________Sorry for the short part, I was being rushed *cough, Vicki, cough* but anyways stuffs gonna go down in the next part!!! See you all next weekend!!! Leave comments and vote please and thanksss!!!