Chapter 25: The Happily Ever After?

(Final Chappie <3)

For once in awhile, the castle had been peaceful. No cries, no rukus, no problems, no secrets. It was content and the halls had been silenced.

However.

Now that everything had been settled, there was now transportation in and out the castle meaning Eren would have to go home. The boy was originally upset with it this decision the king had made before passing but he knew from the beginning he would have to leave.

Despite the fact that Levi loved him so dearly, there was no way they would be able to have children so there would be no heir in the next few years which was why this decision had been changed. The situation was hopeless but the brunet decided to take the high road and be optimistic.

He had a good run and made some of the greatest friends here. He would miss the food and of course Prince Levi but he missed his home as well. Along with his family.

Since Levi was now king without a ruler, there was going to be a big final dinner before he chose his special bride and Eren was given the choice to attend. Of course he chose to go. It would be his final time to see Levi in person before having to leave.

He was also a bit curious on who he'd choose. There was quite a few good options for the guy like Petra, Hanji, Krista, Ymir, and well... That was it. It's quite surprising they went from a strong 12 to only 4. Excluding Eren of course.

One night left. Endless possibilities await. Let the games begin....

~

Eren was currently being measured by Vicki, the head seamstress, since his original maid had just disappeared in the titan mess. He was quite confused where she went but that was the last thing on his mind. Tonight was the special dinner and he wanted to go out with a bang.

Metaphorically of course.

"All done..." Vicki said as she finished up fitting him.

Eren put back on his original clothes while Vicki started on his suit. She didn't do the humming thing nor talk as much as his original maid but he didn't complain. This was the girl who made suits for Levi. She obviously was good at what she did and the brunet was excited to put on the outfit.

Then there was a knock.

Eren held up a hand to keep Vicki from getting it and got himself, walking over. As he opened the door, he was a bit surprised to see Prince Levi there with a small little half smile on his face, the dimples on his cheeks there ever so faintly.

"Oh! L-Levi, why are you here?" Eren asked, looking at him curiously.

Without any words, he just grabbed his wrist and began to pull him down the hall. Eren just sighed and smiled as he followed him down the hall.

It felt as if they were walking quite a long time before arriving at a large door. The castle entrance....

"Why are we here, Levi?" Eren now asked again, his curiosity getting to the best of him.

Levi finally responded, opening the doors. "Well, I decided that we could have a few more guests today at dinner so we have a few visitors...." He explained.

"Visito-?" Before he could finish, he looked out the door and noticed a few carriages pulled up along the front steps. He waited for the people inside to step out and once they did, Eren's heart lurched.

His family....His family was here....

"Renny!" Called the familiar girl's voice. Elyse.

She ran up the steps quicker than the rest of his family and dove into his arms, causing him to stumble back a bit.