Chapter 18: The First SnowFlake

Recap:

The castle is being overrun with gossip and drama as each girl (and guy) fight for the hand of Prince Levi. The remaining contestants are as follows: Aracely Baran, Gracelyn Isaac, Petra Ral, Krista Lenz, Ymir, Zoe Hanji, Sasha Braus, and last but not least, Eren Jaeger. These seven contestants are in a horrendous battle for the crown and only one can win....

More secrets lie in the castle walls and more shall be discovered.

~

Shiganshina, 1879

"Castle Grounds"

The Prince held out his hand, allowing the bit of cold dust to graze his fingertips before melting into a small droplet of water, rolling off his hand and hitting the ground.

A snowflake.

The first one he had seen this fall. It was very rare, but this land always had a colder climate than the others.

As the male looked up, he seen more of the small frozen crystals begin to fall, a few landing on his face and getting stuck to his eyelashes. Of course it was cold but, the simple beauty of it all made things bearable....But. Levi Ackerman was not the only one who liked these simple beauties.

There was another person who had loved the smaller things as well. The sunrise, sunset, snowfall, rainfall, hot sun, cold breeze. All of it. His name was Eren Jaeger, the only male contestant here in the pageant.

It just so happened that Eren was looking up at that same snowy sky, too lost into it to be noticing the prince who was a few yards away, more out in the open field than him.

"Shit...." Eren hissed under his breath as he felt the snowflake land directly in his eye, clasping a hand over it to soothe the odd pain.

Once he had brought his gaze away from the sky, he noticed the small figure across the grounds, causing him to smile a bit and walk over that way. Why not? The Prince had looked quite lonely anyways so he walked himself towards the other.

"Lev- Prince Levi, I mean....What are you doing out here so early? Do you not have any work to do?" Eren had asked in a quiet tone once he was in hearing distance,

The few words caused Levi to spin on his heels and turn to face the other, looking up at him. "No....No, I don't. What are you doing here? All the contestants should be eating at this time...."

Eren chuckled dryly as he scratched the back of his neck, looking off to the side. "Oh.... Well, I was not all that hungry so I just wanted to see how things were going around the palace. I came here first and plan on seeing Sasha after...Is it true she is being released today?"

Levi nodded, sighing softly as he looked up at the sky "Indeed....Anyways, Eren? Why come out here? It is very cold y'know...."

Eren smiled and breathed out a quiet sigh as well, his breath being visible due to the cold air that surrounded him. "The sky....It is quite magnificent. It reminds me of something that I once knew the name of but I am not sure at the moment....Sorry..."

Levi rolled his eyes and shook his head, beginning to walk to the closest entrance "Well, I see.....Anyways, let us get inside before you catch cold. There is fresh hot chocolate in the parlor if you would like to join me?"

The brunette smiled widely and nodded, skipping off and into the castle, moving swiftly through the halls with the other.

Shiganshina 1879

"Aracely's Room"

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

Blood Everywhere.