Chapter 16: The Painting

Maybe she wasn't noticed because of her looks or maybe it was because of her shyness but she was a contestant and she was one of the people fighting for the crown, she was Aracely Baran; A refugee from her home over seas.

Her father was well known as an emperor for a country foreign to Shiganshina. A country that hadn't even had a name on the map but it infact had been an ally to many across the border. Now, things like this and living in the environment of a refugee don't really seem fit to be a very elegant princess but Aracely? She could have passed for her homeland's queen....

Unnoticed, yes but she was still a strong fighter and ready for the crown like everyone else. Lets just say that today would be the day that she got her moment to shine!

~

Shiganshina 1879

"Aracely's Room"

The girl sat in front of the vanity, brushing out the thick and black hair that had reached to about her lower back. Small strays fell loosely and cupped her tan and fair cheeks, giving off a messy and sleepy look. Usually maids had done this for the contestants but not this time.

Aracely Baran was one of the very few who didn't even want a maid so she had sat in her room all by herself as she got ready for the day. In replace of a maid, she was allowed to have access to the kitchen and sewing room to do all the necessary things herself.

After getting the hair up into a sloppily done bun, the girl, still in her pajamas, walked out of her room and down the hall. A few lefts and rights and down a flight of stairs before she reached the kitchen, being met with a angry looking man with a long braid. The chef.

"OI! Aracely has returned to us once again!" The man exclaimed. He had a thick Russian accent, speaking as he proceeded to chop up food with glistening silver blades.

"You better watch it... Those are sharp..." The girl had mumbled, watching as he cut up food without even looking at his actions. He was very skilled but even the best made mistakes.

"No, I'll be fine! I have prepped your plate already, over there on the cart. Good luck with Sir Levi today, I hear he is a tough one to break..."

Aracely nodded "Yeah, yeah... Thank you Josh, I will be heading back!' And with those few words, she grabbed the plate and began her way back to the room.

As she Prepared for the date later that evening with prince Levi, other issues had to be addressed...

Shiganshina 1879

"Royal Courthouse"

Despite how guitly everyone though Annie was, there still needed to be an official conclusion on to whether she'd be punished or not.

Here gathered in the courthouse were of course Annie herself, Prince Levi and none other than the King himself who might I add, didn't look to pleased.

"Annie Leonhart.... You have been charged with an attempt murder. How do you plead?" The King roared over the court room, making it loud enough for the girl to hear.

Despite how scary and loud the King's voice was, Annie did not flinch one bit and kept a stern expression as she stood from her seat. "I plead.... Guilty..." She said, her voice barely audible. This was it for the girl but part of her still had a bit of fight which she would use later.

The king and Prince's eyes widened and guards immediately rushed in to take her away but a shout had stopped everyone. Of course, it was Annie's shout. Her final bit of fight.

"Wait..." She started, putting her hands up in defense "I have a few things to say.... My actions here are indeed punish worthy but.... Let's just make a few things clear here before I'm taken away, yeah?"

The king was very hesitant and didn't trust her but he did oblige, crossing his arms as he waited.

Annie smirked just a bit and cleared her throat. "Greed is a terrible thing.... As long as greed is stronger than compassion, there will always be suffering.... Keep that in mind with the rest of your contestants.... Oh... And, I will return one day... Just you see..."

Once the girl was finished, the guards put her in handcuffs and she was taken away. Prince Levi had left immediately after she was taken away because he had a special thing to do with today's lucky contestant.

Shiganshina 1879

"The Art Room"

Aracely had known her way around the castle by now and had went to the date a bit earlier than usual. She was sitting in front of a painted canvas, adorned in a simple white dress as she held one of the high quality brushes in her had.

Meanwhile, Levi had been passing that room and barely caught a glimpse of her before turning into the room and standing in the doorway "I see you are already here? That's nice...." He mumbled

The girl had jumped a bit and knocked one of the paint jars over, splattering all over her white dress. "P-Prince L-Levi!' She gasped out "I'm sorry! I will clean it all up!"

Levi sighed and shook his head before going over and helping the girl with the mess "All is fine.... I can help.... Anyways, I see you like art...?" He asked, referencing the canvas. The painting was a bit odd but he would pinpoint what it was after the mess was cleaned.

"Oh..?" Aracely asked and raised a brow before she smiled and nodded "Ah! Yes! I do enjoy to paint....Anyways, I will be back in a jiffy. I want to change out of this dress really quickly...." And with those few words, she was off.

Since she was gone, Levi took the time to fully examine the painting, standing up in front of it. After a few moments of eyeing it.... A realization hit him. This was no ordinary painting.... Not one bit. Deep red and pinkish strokes were along the canvas, creating a bare flesh- muscle like body, and the smile of the creature.... The smile was one that haunted many people's dreams.

The painting was a Titan....  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here is a short part! I will have another up next week so yeah.... Anyways, I am writing a new story and I would love for you guys to read it because it will be a really sad one so yep. Last but not least THANK YOU FOR 1K READS!!!! I WILL HAVE A VERY SPECIAL PART UP SOON TO CELEBRATE THISSSSS!!!! PEACE YALL