Chapter 14: The Dates~ Annie (1/2)

(Important Chappie)

Shiganshina, 1879

"Archery Grounds"

Annie Leonhardt was known as her town's most famous hunter. Despite the fact of being a girl, her skills were immaculate and some of the strongest men couldn't even top her. Here on this very day, instead of a date, Annie had challenged Levi to a contest.

The girl was dressed in a tight leather suit that clung nicely to her curves along with a pair of deep brown combat boots. Her blonde hair was up in the usual bun along with the stern expression she always held. Gripping tightly to the arrow, she raised her hand to the crowd, causing an uproar.

In the front row sat all the contestants, along with Eren who had the brightest looks of excitement in his eyes as he sat next to Calla, tugging on her sleeve to look and get her attention from the book she was currently reading. "Look at her Calla, she is competing with the price and he simply allowed it! Big times leadership skills!" Eren ssad with excitement.

"Yeah, yeah..." Calla mumbled, clearly not paying attention to the upcoming archery match. Her attention was finally grabbed when three loud bells rang out and a few men in suits came out. Behind them followed none other than prince Levi himself, dressed more casually for the match but also coated in chest armour to keep from any slip ups that could be fatal.

The prince's appearance caused many to stand and clap loudly, cheers being echoed throughout. Eren however, sat in the stands without saying nor doing much. Annie and Levi met in the middle and the prince, like a gentleman, kissed her hand before taking out his bow and running his finger along it.

Annie sighed and took our her own bow, pulling back by its nocking point. After making sure all was good, she turned to the other with feistiness in her eyes "Ready, Sir Levi?" She asked

All Levi did was nod and take out one of the arrows, leaning it against the arrow rest but not pulling back yet. It was a perfect day to do this, the wind not blowing to hard and the ground still coated in a morning dew. At the far end of the field stood two big targets, fresh and ready to be shot at.

Both the male and female stepped to about mid field, bows aimed and arrows loaded and drawn back. The Princes steel eyes met Annies for a moment, locking and examining. They would have stayed in that moment if it wasn't for the announcer to break it "From three!'' the announcer shouted and began counting down.

Annie huffed and had her bow drawn at the target only for a moment before it seemed to drift off.... Off at something else... Actually at someone. The arrow was pointed directly at Katie. Katie never stood out much, just a girl who was there to play along in the game.

Since day one, the girl had never stood out. She was very beautiful but no girl could seem to ever see it. Nor did Levi. She also had one of the best personalities in the land. Katie had always managed to be so strong, simply wanting to come to the competition to distract herself from the troubles at home.

There she sat in the audience, deep auburn hair flowing in the wind along with her white sundress. Extremely stunning. After the announcer reached one, all hell was loose. Annie's fingers slowly released the fletching and the arrow took force with a fast speed. Only seconds passed before the screams emitted and the blonde looked over to see none other than what had been planned. Red.

No, not Katie. That shot had been dodged by someone who truly didn't deserve the hit. Sasha. A thick and metallic red liquid drained out from the baby blue romper she had been wearing, a look of hurt on her face. Katie couldn't do anything but stare at Sasha with a look of horror on her face.

"It's my fault..." Katie had whispered, tears forming in her eyes. With one more glance at Sasha, she turned the other way and dashed. "I'm so sorry..." She said as she vanished from the crowd. Now a new face came into view. Miah. Another contestant.

She dropped to her knees at the sight of Sasha, the two of them having become good friends behind the scenes. She couldnt take it in for long before paramedics came and lifted the brunettes weak body, carrying her off to the palace and Miah running after. 

Sorry for taking so long to update and then giving a short and shitty part, school is killing me... That is all really...