Chapter 5: The Arrival

(Filler Chapter)

Shiganshina 1879

"The Kingdom"

After Eren had been so rushed out the door by Calla, they made their way to the palace. Some were excited, most likely all the female contestants who actually entered, but Eren? He couldn't tell Exactly what he was feeling.

Erens hearts was racing, at the moment it was impossible to tell if it was excitement, nervousness, or if he was just plain afraid. The carriage ride didn't make it much better. Each bump down the road made him a bit more nauseous. "Excuse me, Calla is it? How much longer.... I'm getting a bit car sick...."

Calla looked up from the music book she was skimming through "Oh, uh sorry Eren.... Not too long! It's actually in view! She said as she set the book down on the seat and looked outside.

It wasn't a lie, there it was... the palace. Tall, white, and simply breathtaking! Eren's eyes widened at the sight "Woah! I get to stay here?!?" He exclaimed at the carriage curved down the small path stopping right at the front steps.

A tall man came over to the carriage door and opened it up for Eren and Calla followed him shortly after, with her bag in hand. "It's even prettier in person...." He mumbled as he walked up the steps and entering the tall french doors. The room was absolutely glamorous! Chandeliers, marble floorings, the usual royal look but to a poor village boy? Anything would be beautiful....

Calla walked up behind him giving him a bit of a shove forward and chuckled softly "Come on bright eyes, I gotta get you to your room. There will be a tour later...." She said before walking ahead and down a hallway and turning in, not bothering to see if he followed.

Eren's eyes widened a little and he ran down the hallway getting a bit lost but that wouldn't stop him. Little did he know he ran ran right past the room and started venturing down the royals hall. "Calla! Where did you go?!?!?" Eren shouted, continuing to run through the halls

As curving the corner he slammed into another smaller body, knocking them both back on their bottom. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, i just got lost and- Prince Levi?!?!" Eren exclaimed as he realized it just wasn't another person he slammed into, it was the man he seemingly was competing for. Eren sighed getting up and offering Levi a hand.

Levi rolled his eyes and took his hand pulling himself up "This is why we don't run in the hallways here, you never know whos laying around....I take it you've never been a step near royalty?"

Eren smiled sheepishly and looked down, shaking his head "No... I'm sorry, I haven't... But let me tell you, I'm glad to be here and enjoy this experience... even if my gender impacts it, and me getting sent home first, i'll enjoy it around here.

Levi sighed and started making his way down the hallways "Well your room is 7 doors back that way, we never talked....And Eren is it? Everyone has an equal chance, your gender means nothing...." With those few words, Levi turned and started making his way again and was gone within seconds. He definitely knew the castle better than Eren....

Eren nodded and followed the directions Levi had given him, knocking slightly before entering the room. He sighed in relief when he had seen Calla unpacking his things for him. "God, I thought I'd never make my way back to this room....Why did you leave me? You're doing a pretty bad job at my maid so far...."
Calla rolled her eyes and scoffed "I helped you! Everyday Prince Levi walks down this hall at 9:47, i needed to make sure you went down there before the others...." She mumbled with a smirk

Eren's eyes widened a little and he went over sitting on the edge of the bed "Why on earth would you do that?!? I slammed into him, and knocked him on the floor! That wasn't necessarily the best impression to make...."

Calla chuckled and went over adjusting his suit and straightening out any wrinkles he may have gotten "Dont worry, youll be fine! At any moment the other contestants will be here and you all will be gathered in the Selected Room. There you will meet all of your fellow competitors and later on tonight, you will all join in the dining hall to eat with Prince and his family."

Eren nodded, feeling a bit intimidated on all the things he had to do on his first day. He had felt the nausea grow back in his stomach but brushed it off, hoping it would just fade away as time grew "Very well, what all is left before I have to leave and go there?"

Calla shook her head continuing to unpack Eren's things, finishing up quickly before returning and sitting down next him on the bed "No, you can just sit in here and prepare for the others to arrive.... You're aware you have to present a speech right? Not to Levi but to the other women...."

Eren's eyes widened a little, the nauseating feeling kept getting worse but that was the last thing on his mind now "A speech?!? What do you mean? I have nothing to present other than my name?!?"

Calla chuckled and shook her head once more "No, not a complete presentation! It's just you presenting your name, why you're here, and a little bit of your background...."

Eren sighed in relief as he had heard some noises in the background. The soft thud of horse steps, he then rushed over to the large bay window. "Calla....The other contestants, they're here...."  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey!! Another part up (Honestly just a filler XD), im totally ruining the schedule!!! But i wanted to say thanks for 100 reads!!! I am really glad you all like it!! The next part will be filled with a lot so i recommend paying close attention!! Ill probably have it up tomorrow night and continue off the schedule from then. In case you dont know the schedule its

Wednesday: A possible filler 

Weekends: Upload

Thanks everyone for reading and i hope you enjoy!! Be sure to vote and comment!!