Chapter 9: The Piano's Message

(PRESS PLAY)

Shiganshina, 1879

"The Selected Room"

He was sitting alone on the stool. The breakfast was long over and Levi had been in the Selected Room. Lorene had told him he wasn't aloud but... This seemed like the only room he could actually be peaceful. In front of him stood a piano. Its ivory keys contrasting against the polished wood.

Levi stretched out one of his pale fingers and tapped the key, instantly filling the room with a musical sound. He took a deep sigh and did it again....

And again.

And again.

Levi then raised both hands to the smooth keys and with a deep breath, his small slender fingers began to move rapidly along the keys. The raven-haired male closed his eyes and his body swayed a bit as he played, making sure not to miss a single note. And so he did.

The song was played flawlessly but... Levi always felt the need to make things better. After all, perfection was the only way that he was taught. Anything less and it wouldn't be acceptable.

When Levi played, he never minded who listened. Maybe they would pay close attention and see the hidden messages beneath each note.... The piano is a divinely inspired instrument, a mirror held up to the player's soul that captures the light and shadow of the performer and reflects them back to the listener.

After moments of beautifully played music, Levi brung it to a stop. It didn't seem to fit properly into the song but at the same times it did... Maybe the hidden message in that stop was that all beautiful good things come to an end....Or at least, that's the message Eren got

The brunette was tucked away and hidden in the library. Little did Price Levi know that he was listening. Eren had been simply reading when he heard the other male step in. Like the idiot that he was, he hid instead of showing himself.

Now hearing The Prince play, he didn't regret it one bit. He found it simply magnificent but... He was a bit saddened when the music came to a stop. He did get the message from it though. Not quite the one he wanted but it still was quite the beautiful message.

Levi stood up from the bench and looked out the giant window that shone on the keys before heading out the door. Being sure that he left, Eren did soon after.

Shiganshina, 1879

"The Royal Broadcast"

Levi had now been heading into the room to begin filming the next report. His father had given him the papers to read off but he literally had no idea of what this would be.

Scared? No... The Prince never got scared. Or at least wasn't aloud to show it. He simply took the papers and went down to sit on the ottoman and wait for the cameras to start rolling.

A man behind the scenes started calling out "In five.. Four... Three...Two"

Shiganshina 1879

"The Live Broadcast"

Eren and the rest of the woman now sat in a large room with a giant white wall, now having things projected on it. Calla had rushed him off there saying that it was important but....He'd viewed the broadcast multiple times from home and things never seemed like all that much.

Little did Eren know what today's would be. The lights dimmed down and he focused on the screen, a projected image of Levi showing up.

"Greetings..." The image said. He cleared his voice and began the speech "I would like to thank all of the contestants that are still managing strong. Not one has been sit home yet but things will start to change now..." With that statement, mumbles filled the room.

"We are now into the competition and starting next week, there will be many different tests and such. Just to get to know you all a bit better, there will be a scheduled date for each of you. Nobody will be around just me and the chosen contestant."

"Here is the downside. People will start to be sent home rapidly during this time. I'm surprised if five make it to next month... All i can say is... Best of luck and be prepared... Thank you for tuning in..."

After the Royal Broadcast was finished, the lights brightened again and the women began to stand up and exit the room. Eren stayed behind though.

He couldn't lie that he was quite worried for himself now. Each of those women probably had been dreaming about dates with prince and would have things planned out perfectly. Eren? He was completely lost on anything and everything.

There was not a thing that even came to mind for something like this... Eren was such a simple boy and The prince? Well, they simply didn't mix well....

God this week was going to be terrible for him...
__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! Well uh...I have no excuse for not updating other than simply not caring much (Savage life) Anyways, this was a filler chapter so i guess just... Wait till the next and things will get intriguing? I'm soorrryyy!!! Also, thank you for all of the reads so far!!! PEACE!!