Chapter 24: The Aftermath

(A bit of a filler chapter)

Shiganshina, 1879

Imagine it. You are standing at a brick wall. One that looks strong, sturdy, and invincible. However, you can only see one side of that wall. The side that gives off this tough and hard aura. Now it begins to crack. You seem pretty stunned right? It begins to crack and shatter down and instead of meeting simply the other side, you seem to have met another wall, one a bit weaker but still standing.

That's how Eren imagined Levi to be.

It had been only three days since the titan's return and the guards and army of Shiganshina fought well, however, Levi lost his father (The King) in the process. Originally, Eren thought he'd break down and cry because that's what the average human would do if in this position, but Levi?

He just nodded and proceeded to check on the rest of the contestants after that mess.

There was never a service. No words spoken. It was left as an incident that couldn't be changed

Eren was left stunned but since that day, Levi had been a bit off. More emotionless as usual. Only hello's and goodbye's shared.

Eren however, was gonna take this evening into his own hands and figure things out. It was only a day before thanksgiving and he refused to let Levi be unhappy. Originally, the male was supposed to leave the competition but due to safety reasons, there was no getting in nor out of the castle till it was for sure secured.

That at least gave Eren some time to make Levi happy again. That's what was most important to him.

~

It was fairly late and the moon was lighting up the hallway perfectly as Eren walked down it, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his pajamas. It most likely would have been a smarter idea to do this during the day when Levi was fully awake but there were always other contestants and people around. At least now, he could talk in peace to the male.

Eren arrived at the door in no less than five minutes, remembering it due to going to it one time a while back when he ran into him in the hall . Man that felt like it was millions of years ago. With a mental deep breath, the brunette raised his fist to the door and knocked.

On the other side, he could hear a faint groan and a few shuffles around. It only took about a minute or so before Eren seen the small male standing in front of him, his eyes looking darker than usual.

"Oh, I'm sorry...Did I wake you?" Eren asked with a sheepish smile.

Levi only grunted in return, opening the door even more for the other male to enter as he went back to his own bed. Man, he really looked screwed up.

As Eren stepped into the room, a soft scent of lavender hit his nostrils. A very strong one actually. It was as if had walked into the herb shop that was back near his home.

His mother always liked the fresh sage sold there so he'd buy her a bundle when ever they had enough funds to do so.

"So, why did you come?" Levi asked, interrupting Eren's thoughts about the sage.

After regaining himself, Eren smiled and went over, sitting next to him on the bed. "I just wanted to see how you were.... You don't look too well, Levi."

Levi shrugged and wiped at his eyes. "I'm doing peachy....Just peachy, Eren. Is that all you wanted?"

Eren shrugged as well. He had so many questions but they all seemed kind of selfish at the time. The question of if he'd be leaving, if he'd be with Levi....The last time he was with him, so many memories were shared. So much love....