⇉ one

one - Ryan Hates The Opposite Of Normal

Usually, on a Saturday afternoon, you'd see a person would still be in bed asleep because it's normal. Or you see kids running around and playing in the park because, to them, it's normal. Or you'd see a group of girls huddled in the food court at a mall with various bags sprawled around their feet while they point out anybody that's cute to the eye, because, well, that's how certain normal teenage girls are.

But there was nothing normal about moving back into the home that has more meaning than it should.

''Damn it'' Marvin hissed when another labeled box slipped through his grip, creating a commotion when making contact with the concrete.

''You know there's guys who get paid to do this sort of thing, right?'' Ryan remarked, carrying a box of her belongings over to the U-Haul truck.

''We got it'' He breathes out, placing both hands on his hips while dropping his weight on one leg. The sun that shined bright over them caused a seat to brew on his forehead, trailing down the side of his face and making his glasses slippery. ''Besides, money's gonna be tight from this point forward.''

Ryan swiftly turns on the heel of her foot, slapping her arms against her sides. ''That's the last of them.''

She watches as her father picks up the box and places it gently into the truck, sliding it shut.

''Let's look on the bright side,'' He starts. ''At least you get to see your old friends again.''

She shakes her head. ''You don't get it, do you, dad? I don't want to go back to New York, I don't want to live here. I wanna go on an adventure.''

'And no matter how many times I tell him this, he kisses my forehead and tells me-'

Marvin reaches behind Ryan's head, pulling her closer to him as he gives her moist temple a gentle peck. ''You just wait.''

He walked off towards the driver seat, leaving Ryan behind the vehicle to roll her eyes.

× × ×

	Ryan smiles at the comment, turning her phone off as Marvin drives over another bump

While the melody of "Can I," by Love, Dollhouse played through her ear buds, she took a notice of how the sight of large trees passing by exchanged with the city lights.

But as the closer her and her father got to her home, she couldn't but question her old life, whether anything will be the same as it once used to?

Ryan furrows her brows and turned to her father with a scowl as he sits there, looking at her already expectantly with the one ear piece he ripped out. ''We're here.''