⇉ twenty

twenty - Time Jump

    These past couple of months, have been a little.. Difficult to sustain. With the entire feminist act in science class, Farkle’s home life crisis with the money situation and learning about communism, Ryan Collins had to pretend that everything was okay between herself and Lucas Friar.

    But nothing was okay. Nothing was the same.

    How could Maya and Riley go through this everyday? Ryan constantly thought of to herself. It was exhausting. She couldn’t fully act the way she normally acts around her best friend because she wasn’t sure if it’d trigger his emotions.

    Neither of them were able to talk to each other either, let alone look at each other. They were able to stand near each other when they were around the group. But, you would never catch them alone with just the two of them.

    And yet, Lucas couldn’t help but feel responsible for all of this. He should’ve been more careful with his emotions. He should’ve been less obvious, more subtle. He should’ve gotten rid of those emotions the second he felt them.

    The further Lucas Friar and Ryan Collins grew apart, the more Isaiah Babineaux, Farkle Minkus and Lucas Friar became closer just as Maya Hart, Riley Matthews and Ryan Collins did.

    Which is why Ryan sat in between Maya and Riley at Riley’s bay window that Saturday morning.

    Riley was grinning. Too long for Ryan’s liking if anything. She didn’t know what was going on, she just gotten a text from the bubbly brunette to come over.

    ‘’What?’’

    ‘’I need to ask you both for permission for something,’’ She immediately blurts out.

    Maya waves her off, chuckling, ‘’Whatever you want.’’

    ‘’Awe,’’ Riley gushed. ‘’Ever since we were little kids you would always tell me whatever you want while Ryan would just pick at her nails and ask if I got any food, even before any of you even knew what it was.’’

    Ryan looks up from her nails that had nail polish chipping off the surface and points a finger at her, ‘’Speaking of, do you?’’

    Ignoring Ryan’s needs, Maya smiles and eggs on, ‘’You got a good thing going here, kid. Don’t blow it.’’

    ‘’You guys really don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.’’ Riley shifts in her seat. ‘’Remember when I first asked you if you wanted to be friends?’’

    Maya shakes her head, ‘’Did I take it on? Am I still here?’’

    ‘’You can’t just say yes this time,’’ Her features fell flat. ‘’This one’s different.’’

    Ryan tilts her head to the side. ‘’Riley, why do we keep going down memory lane?’’

    ‘’I want to completely redo-’’

    Maya points at her and smiles meekly, ‘’Your hair.’’

    Riley laughs. ‘’You want to change my hair?’’

    ‘’I think you could try something once,’’ Maya suggests, but Riley shakes her head, shooting the idea down once it was made. ‘’I don’t want to change my hair.’’

    ‘’We gotta look at that everyday,’’ Maya counters.

    Ryan lifts her hands in wanting no part of this. ‘’Don’t bring me in this.’’