⇉ fifteen

fifteen - Exposed

Riley Matthews and Maya Hart entered Mr. Matthews classroom that morning with smiles filled with mischief as Lucas Friar, Isaiah Babineaux, Farkle Minkus and Ryan Collins sat around, enjoying their spare time with one another before the lesson started.

''We have changed the life of somebody in this room,'' RIley announces as soon as she walks in.

''Oh, please, not me,'' Zay begs as he leans back.

''I'm happy with my life the way it is. I got tall and my teeth came in nicely.'' Farkle smiled, exposing his pearly whites purposely for display.

''The only way I want my life to change is for Alex Aiono to marry me,'' She cocks a brow at the girls. ''Is Alex Aiono going to marry me?''

Maya cranes her neck forward with furrowed brows. ''Who?''

Pursing her lips, Ryan shakes her head. ''Just you wait.''

''Yeah, well, we're not talking about you three,'' Maya hints, diverting the conversation to it's original topic.

Lucas features dropped in realization as he exclaims while jumping off of his seat on his desk, ''Oh, no what'd you do?''

''Oh, Lucas,'' Riley continued to smile as she walked further into the room with Maya trailing behind her. ''In your history, we know what has always been your biggest regret.''

Maya stood close behind Riley as she looks away, quietly mimicking, ''Baah.''

Lucas peered over at her with wide eyes. ''What's that? Why would you do that?''

''Okay,'' Ryan breathes out just a she sits up from being leaned back into her seat. She leans forward and places her arms onto the table, furrowing her brows. ''I'm lost.''

''Baah!'' Maya exclaims louder, practically bouncing in place. ''You used to be a champion sheep rider at the Mutton Bustin' rodeo, until you fell off of Judy the Sheep.''

''And then you gave up, but you never got over it,'' Riley adds on.

''That is my deepest, darkest secret,'' Lucas exclaims out of disbelieve. ''No one knows I fell off Judy the Sheep except-..''

When Lucas took his pause, him and Ryan turned to Zay in unison to find him sporting off a goofy grin.

He slaps his hands against his thigh as he briefly explains, ''They made me, Lucas. They made me.''

He folds his arms across his chest. ''How did they make you?''

Zay scoffs out a sigh. ''I said, y'all wanna hear a great Lucas story?,'' He shakes his head, ''They said yes.''

Lucas shakes his head before turning back to Riley and Maya. ''Okay, it doesn't matter. I'm over it. I don't think about that day at all.''

Looking down, Lucas features fell into a frown. Ryan kept her brows furrowed and tilted her head to the side as he sniffles, covering one side of his face with one hand, ''I fell off that sheep so fast. No one likes me.''

''Awe, bubba,'' Ryan couldn't help but giggle.

Zay gripped onto the right side of his shoulder, bowing his head and shaking it while Riley took one more step closer to him, gripping onto the other.

''Lucas,'' She calls. ''You can fix this. Get back on that sheep and be a sheep champion.''

''We have made that possible.''