⇉ ten

ten - Just A Touch Of Your Love

As Maya Hart walked to her locker with notorious grin and Ryan followed with her eyes glued to the screen of her phone, Riley stomped with a pout and exclaimed, ‘’It’s this weekend and Lucas hasn’t asked me to the semi-formal.’’

Ryan furrows her brows as Riley leans towards her blonde friend. ‘’We are Riley and Lucas, aren’t we Maya?’’

She raised her arms in feign defeat and says, ‘’I don’t know anymore. Just tell me what to say.’’

‘’It’s all over the front of my notebook, Riley hearts Lucas forever,’’ Riley  continues by displaying the overly designed folder to her friends.

Ryan pats Riley gently on her shoulder. ‘’That’s a folder, Riles.’’

‘’Mind showing us what's on the back of your notebook, Riles?’’ Maya asked, making sure to clearly enunciate notebook, her blue eyes wide and set on Ryan to show not to damage Riley more at this sensitive moment.

She flips it around and reads, ‘’Riley and Lucas, we’re just friends.’’

Maya shakes her head and questions aloud before turning to open her locker, ‘’Sweetie, what are you doing to yourself?’’

‘’It’s this weekend and Lucas hasn’t asked me to the semi-formal,’’ Riley repeats, only sadder and weaker than the last.

‘’As if we hadn’t heard that before,’’ Ryana murmurs, taking a seat at the edge of the wooden bench provided in the school hallway.

Maya turned at the heel of her foot with a cringe, ‘’Told ya, you got a problem.’’

She tilts her head to the side and furrows her brows. ‘’I did? Have I brought this up before?’’

‘’Yes, Riley, you’ve had problems before, but you haven’t had a Lucas problem until now.’’

Maya simply turns and just like that, slams her her locker shut, causing a high pitch scream echoing from the history room.

‘’Why does he keep doing that?’’ Riley asks.

With a bunch of hand gestures, Maya thoroughly explains, ‘’Lockers, blackboard, chalk, chalk dust, your daddy.’’

Riley smiles. ‘’How long are you gonna keep doing it?’’

She shrugs her shoulders. ‘’Until he comes out.’’

Ryan smirks as she sees Mr. Matthews step out of his room, the white aftermath of chalk dust creating layer on his skin and clothes, spewing out excess dust from his mouth.

He turns to her, and takes taunting steps towards her. Maya realizes that this is definitely time to call it quits by yelling, ‘’Okay! I’m done!’’ before running off.

× × ×

‘’The semi-formal is coming up,’’ Mr. Matthews announces to his students. ‘’Young men and young woman interacted, mixed into a social situation.  So, to avoid any casualties, I thought we could discuss etiquette. Can anyone here tell me what etiquette is?’’

Maya raises her hand.

‘’No you can’t,’’ Corey dismisses, allowing her to gently place her hand down in disappointment.

‘’Etiquette is treating people politely and with respect,’’ Farkle contributes. He then stands up as he continues, ‘’Maya and I will demonstrate in a short play we put on before every dance. It’s called, No.’’