⇉ twelve

twelve - It's A Trual

    It was comfortable at the dining table where Debbie Friar, Lucas Friar and Ryan Collins sat at that current evening. Well, at least is was for Ryan and Lucas.

    His father worked a late night shift so he couldn't make it to understand Debby and her frustration.

    ''Are you guys finished?'' She blurts out, pausing the shared laughter the two had.

    Looking down at their plates, they had small pieces of rice left over, but it was safe to say, dinner was over.

    ''Uh, yeah,'' Lucas answers do himself and his friend. He stacks her plate on top of his while her mother stood from her seat.

    ''Lucas, why don't you clean the dishes tonight?'' She suggests.

    ''Okay,'' He agrees without hesitation.

    ''Is there anything that you want me to help you with?'' Ryan offers as she takes a stand as well.

    Debby forces a small smile and waves her off. ''It's fine, darling. He'll be done in just a few.''

    Nodding her head, she begins to head back down to the basement, but she stops herself. Turning around, she says, ''And, thank you for dinner.''

    ''Ryan,'' Debby chuckles softly. ''You don't have to keep thanking me, sweetheart.''

    Pursing her lips, she nods her head and returns her way towards the basement.

    Dropping her soft smile, Debbie Friar lets out a sigh as she heads for the kitchen with her plate and dining utensils.

    ''Lucas,'' She calls. Her tone was weary, as if the conversation was turning at a serious point. ''We need to talk about Ryan.''

    Turning away from the sink, he eyes her with furrowed brows and silently eggs her on to continue.

    ''I love the girl and all, don't get me wrong, but how much longer is she gonna stay?''

    His mother placed a hand on the corner of the counter and leaned into that arm.

    ''I don't know,'' He shrugs his shoulders. ''Maybe till this weekend?''

    ''This weekend?'' Her eyes went wide. ''Lucas, that'll be over a week that she's here. Her parent's must be concerned.''

    ''Parent, mama,'' He corrects. ''And she got into a fight with her dad at home.''

    ''What kind of fight?''

    ''A fight where they both need time to cool off from one another,'' He vaguely informs.

    ''What happened to her mother?''

    ''Ma!'' He exclaims.

    ''What?'' She furrows her brows. ''I'm just concerned.''

    ''I don't think that's my place to say,'' He tells her, setting the last fork in the rack to dry.

    She breathes a distressed sigh through her nose, feeling almost deflated. As he walked towards the basement to hang out with Ryan, she stops him by placing a hand on his shoulder and pecking his forehead.