⇉ six

six - The Crazy Loner

Jay Asher wrote in The Future of Us, ''One little ripple started today, could create a typhoon in fifteen years from now.''

But instead of fifteen years, how about a year?

Or how about now?

Ryan raises her hand.

Mr. Matthews jutted his chin out, signaling his way to point at her. ''Ryan?''

Cocking a brow, she points over to the crazy eye man sitting behind Mr. Matthews desk. ''Is he having a seizure?''

Riley and Maya blink rapidly, they're voluminous locks shifting from one shoulder to another when looking back at her.

''I mean, look at what he's doing.''

The class turns back around to see the man taping his face all around.

''Now, Eric'' Corey hissed at him.

The man stands from the swivel chair whilst ripping the tape off of his skin. ''Oww!''

Ryan's lips sat slightly ajar, letting out a puff of air that heaved from her chest. She leans into her seat more comfortably as Uncle Eric spoke. ''Now, what was I going to say?''

''You may wonder what it is..'' The class starts.

''Yeah?''

''I'm doing here.''

''Uh huh.''

''Who is this guy?'' Zay asks with furrowed brows.

''Well, this guy is my brother, Eric, and to be honest, there's no one that I trust more when it comes to the art of mediation.''

Eric comes around the desk with a raised finger. ''Mediation. Sitting crossed leg and going ohm... My legs are killing me.''

Ryan couldn't help the corners of her lips that twitch into a smirk, finding Corey's brother, extremely hilarious.

Eric looks over at Corey, back slapping his chest so he can continue. ''Right, so, it's certainly no secret that war has broken out among us. I thought it might be an interesting lesson for you guys to see how rational and caring people can bring war to an end.''

''Dad, are you sure?'' Riley questions with an obvious hint of suspicion.

''Yeah,'' Mr. Matthews pats Eric's back, encouragingly. ''He's got this.''

Eric walks over to the front if the class and opens the door, waving an arm at us, motioning towards the hall, letting the class know to get out.

Ryan gets up and walks over to Lucas, heading out of the classroom together. ''What's happening?''

''I'm just as confused about this as you are'' He breathes out.

Ryan takes a seat on the top of the bench with Zay by her side and Maya sitting by her feet.

''Now, here we have two friends at war. Why? Who fired the first shot?'' Eric questions with Corey standing at his side.

With a raised of his hand, Lucas says, ''I called Maya, a short stack of pancakes.''