⇉ sixteen

sixteen - A Secret Behind Every Corner

    ‘’Full recap,’’ Ryan demands after changing into another outfit. The girls didn’t want to waste their first night in Austin, Texas, curled up on the couch watching tv or simply just lying around. The wanted to explore, look around. The night was still young. Ryan Collins walks back into the room, changed into a grey band tee that matched with her grey ripped jeans. She wore tied up black booties. She had to do her hair when she came back into the room, carrying her clothes from earlier that were folded in her arms. She sets her clothes in her duffel bag and elaborates, ‘’I want the nine one one, get down.’’

    She looks up and sighs. ‘’What was that?’’

    Riley looks over at Maya who was too busy in front of the mirror, styling her hair to pay much focus into the conversation. Ryan follows her gaze before Riley spoke, ‘’Maya likes Lucas. She cares for him a lot and it made me realize that I only see Lucas as a brother.’’

    Ryan cocks a brow, propping a leg out while her weight was dropped on another leg. ‘’This made you realize?’’

    ‘’Yeah,’’ She nods, smiling. ‘’Isn’t this great though?’’

    Ryan furrows her brows. ‘’It is?’’

    ‘’Yeah,’’ She nods again. Riley was sitting down on one of the beds, she was ready to head out. She was just waiting for her two best friends to finish so she can make an entrance with them. ‘’I’d think we’d all be happy this way.’’

    Taking her flat iron out her bed, the brunette walks over towards Maya’s area while mumbling smally, ‘’If you guys say so.’’

    Maya Hart and Ryan Collins took another fifteen minutes to get ready before the trio stepped out onto the front porch where Isaiah Babineaux and Farkle Minkus sat on the swing, Lucas Friar leaning against a white post and Pappy Joe sitting in a rocking chair in a far corner.

    ‘’Woah, gentleman, look how lucky you are,’’ Pappy Joe compliments the girls once again.

    Ryan pursed her lips and turned at the heel of her foot to face the boys, snapping her fingers sassily. ‘’That's right, know what you got before it’s gone.’’

    Pappy Joe leans forward and sternly tells them, ‘’You treat ‘em right.’’

    ‘’Thank you, Pappy Joe,’’ Riley appreciates. She turns to face the skies and mentions, ‘’I see why get homesick for Texas sometimes, Lucas. I never knew that the sky had so many stars.’’

    Ryan holds up a finger matter of factly. ‘’That’s because the city lights- Oh!’’

    Farkle pulled Ryan down in the seat next to him, scooting close towards the end of the bench to make more room for Ryan to sit in the middle. He leans close to her side and scolds quietly, ‘’Not now.’’

    Ryan frowns as Riley walked up to Lucas and developing him into an awkward hug while adding, ‘’You know what else? I don’t get nervous when I’m with you anymore. We’re doing the right thing.’’ She pulls away, leaving a hand on his shoulder as she looks back up the sky with a sigh. ‘’Ah, remember when we couldn’t even say hi to each other? Remember how’d we go,’’ She leans into and out from his side when mocking, ‘’Hi, howdy, hi, remember?’’

    She pats his shoulder and steps away from him. ‘’Now watch this, say hi to me.’’

    How badly Ryan wanted to speak up. This was thrown in way too quickly for anyone to really handle or agree on. By the looks of it, the triangle were all on different pages. Yet, they were going through with whatever Riley said.