One.

I have never been a princess, I have never been a goddess, but I am a fighter. I fought through the sadness. I’ve let my feeble armor fall, and got a new one made of steel. No more what ifs, no more doubting, no more fear.

I woke up; it was seven o’clock in the morning. I needed to get ready, I was moving to a new dorm in college. It was my first year there.

I got up and walked up to the mirror. I was still getting used to my new straightened hair; I also have a fringe now. This is me now, when I see the girl in the mirror I see someone strong, and I like it. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to get rid of that mess I had in it.

Since I started living again with my mother and my brother I started being much more organized, I’d choose the clothes I’d wear the next day at night, and my books were perfectly organized inside my bag, and I packed my things last night.

I took a shower and went downstairs to have breakfast.

“Morning, honey, I’ve made pancakes.” My mother turns around and smiles at me. “Are you nervous?” She asked.

I sat on the stool that was in front of the island counter and started eating my pancakes.

“Uhh, yeah, sort of…” I mumbled.

I was slightly nervous. I was going to live with a bunch of strangers.

“Morning…”

That was my brother; he yawned and sat next to me, he was still in his pajamas.

“Hurry up, Austin. We’re going to be late.” My mother said as she checked her watch.

“Taylor can drive herself to college, mom…” He said as he took a bite of his pancake.

“Austin, shut up.” I said as I hit him playfully with my fist on his shoulder.

Mom and I carried my suitcases to the boot of the car while Austin was getting dressed.

“Look at you; you’re a beautiful grown woman. I’m so proud of you.” My mother said and I saw a tear run down her cheek.

“Oh, mom. You’re going to make me cry.” I laughed as I hugged her.

“Ugh, this is looking like a soap opera…” My brother muttered as he got in the car. “Let’s go already.”

I rolled my eyes and got in the car.

I was going to be studying at King’s College, I was going to study a Film and Media Studies major, I just hoped it wasn’t going to be too difficult.

I was going to miss my mother and Austin, they’ve been so supportive, even though Austin can be such an idiot sometimes, but he’s been a good brother to me.

As my mother was driving I looked out the window and, for a moment, I thought I saw Harry sitting on a bus stop. I shook my head and looked back from the rearview, but I didn’t see him.

Not again, I had enough of seeing him everywhere in the past few months, I finally got over it and it took me a lot of time, I couldn’t be going back now.

It felt like it took years to arrive to the campus, but we were finally there. I was staying at the Julian Markham House. I hope people are nice there…

We walked through the corridors until we found my dorm room.

“A13.” My mother mumbled.

The door was half open, so we came in. The room was bright; there were two tiny beds, two desks and a wardrobe.

“Hello.” A cheerful voice said.

I turned around to find a girl with big brown eyes and long brown hair staring at us.

“You must be my new roommate, I’m Selena.” She said holding her hand out, waiting for me to shake it.

“I’m Taylor.” I smiled and gently shook her hand.

I saw how Austin widened his eyes; I could tell he liked her.

“Honey, we have to go, I have to be at the office soon.” My mother said.

“I’m going to miss you guys.” I pulled them into a tight hug.

“We will visit you.” My mother said.

I saw how my mother waved at me and blew kisses to me as they were walking out of the building.

I started taking my clothes out of my suitcases, but a hand touched my shoulder, telling me to stop.

“You can do that later, fancy going to have a coffee at the cafeteria? I heard the coffee’s horrible there but we’ll do well until we find a café.” She laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the room.

Wow, she was…peppy.

“But I have to take the maps with me, otherwise we will be lost.” I stated.

“Oh, take a chill pill…” She rolled her eyes and continued pulling me by my hand.

The corridors were huge and crowded, I didn’t like it, we had to walk through a bunch of hormonal teenagers, who moaned every time Selena pushed them out of our way.

“We have to hurry up, my friends are waiting.” She said looking at me.

Friends? I was still a little bit insecure about people, but I’d give it a shot.

When we finally reached the cafeteria, I thanked heavens; it wasn’t as busy as the corridors were.

Selena continued to guide me to wherever her friends were at. My stomach was hurting a little bit, that meant I was nervous and scared as hell, but I’d have to get over that feeling if I wanted to make new friends.

When we finally got to where her friends were sitting, I hit my foot with a chair and it hurt a lot, so I bent down and let out a slight ouch.

“Taylor, these are my friends. Emma, Dianna, Niall, Liam and Louis.”

I shivered when I heard her mention the last name. What were the chances of that Louis being… Louis?

I looked up and saw the two blonde girls sitting next to a boy with brown eyes, a blond haired boy and Louis.

Louis! This wasn’t happening, I blinked my eyes a few times…but he was still there. Louis was there. Louis. Louis.