Fourteen.

I glanced at Selena and she shrugged.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

He stood up and ran his hand through his messy curls.

“I’m really mad at you.” He said.

“What? You are mad at me?” I let out a sarcastic laugh.

“Why the hell were you all over that psycho?!”

He took a step closer to me. “Sel, will you give us a minute?” I asked her.

She nodded and walked out of the room. I was starting to feel really, really angry. I didn’t want to argue because I was sick, but he was getting on my nerves.

“Taylor, listen to me when I’m fucking talking to you!” He yelled.

“Don’t yell at me. And so what if I was all over him? I’m single and I can do whatever I want to, you have no control over my actions.” I said.

He huffed, he was frustrated.

“Why did you have a girl sitting on your lap, huh?” I asked, crossing my arms on my chest.

He smirked. “Oh, I see. You’re jealous!”

I narrowed my eyes. “I’m not!”

He started laughing and sat on the edge of the bed.

I clenched my fists and let out a sigh.

“What’s so funny?” I asked without looking at him.

“Do you want to know who that girl was?” He said smiling at me.

“No.”

“I’ll tell you anyway, because you need to know how stupid you are.” I arched my eyebrows.

So he dares to come here just to call me stupid?

“That girl was my sister.” He said.

This time it was me who was laughing. “No way, you’re lying just so you can get away with it.”

“I’m not lying.”

He took his phone out of his pocket and showed me a picture. It was the girl and him at the party…

“See? We look alike.”

I looked closer at the picture and he was right, they looked alike. I looked up at him and he frowned.

“You shouldn’t have done what you did.” He said as he slid his phone inside his pocket.

“I’m sorry…” I mumbled.

“Well, as you said, you’re single you shouldn’t be sorry.”

“I’m sorry for myself…”

I was a mess, why couldn’t I just move on? I wanted to move on, but my demons were everywhere.  They chased me, and got me in trouble.

I sighed and walked up to my desk, I wanted to show him something.

“I’ve started writing songs again.” I said as I grabbed my notebook.

He smiled. ”Really?”

“Here, sit next to me.” I said while sitting on the floor. “I want to show you this song I wrote, it’s about you.”

I flicked rapidly though the notebook, there were drawings, scribbles and lyrics on it. I finally reached the page and handed the notebook to him.

He raised an eyebrow. “Treacherous? Wow…Thank you?”  

Ashes (Sequel to Windows To The Soul)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें