Nine.

The alarm went off at eight o’clock in the morning, Sel let out a slight growl when she heard the buzzing sound of the alarm.

I took a shower and got ready to go to work. I always tried to look as professional as possible, I know it’s just a job at a shop, but getting a job nowadays is really difficult, the last thing I needed to happen was to lose my job.

I buttoned my white shirt and tucked it in my grey skirt, then tied my hair in a pony tail and applied a little bit of make-up on my face. I was ready.

I came in my room, left my things and grabbed my bag.

“You look like my grandmother…” Selena said.

She put a disgusted grin on her face and I laughed.

“Can you take me to the shop?” I asked.

She shook her head. “I refuse being anywhere near you if you’re dressed like that.”

“Please, Sel. I’m going to be late.”

“Okay.” She sighed.

She grabbed her keys and we walked up to her car. I seriously needed to buy one as soon as possible.

“You need to buy new clothes.” She said as she was focusing on the road. “We’ll go shopping today, because there’s a party this weekend and you’re going to come.”

“No, I don’t like parties.” I said.

“You’ll like this one.” She winked. “Here we are, goodbye granny.”

I rolled my eyes and closed the door.

The shop wasn’t opened yet so I waited outside; I put my headphones on and turned the music up. The world disappeared.

Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.

And I will try…to fix you.

I shivered and slightly shook my head. The last two words were too familiar to me.

“Hey there, granny.” Kyle said, enjoying the frown I put on my face.

I didn’t say anything, I wasn’t going to get mad at him, he was so immature that getting angry wasn’t worth it.

The day passed slowly, and Kyle didn’t make it any better. He was plain annoying, but I needed the job so I couldn’t complain.

A woman with short, dark hair came in the shop and I ran to attend her.

“May I help you?” I smiled at her.

She took her sunglasses off and looked at me raising an eyebrow.

“I want something with blue and black shades, something striking and huge for my hall.” She said.

I smiled. “Follow me.”

She reminded me of someone…

I showed her a few painting that I thought would satisfy her expectations, but they didn’t.

“Horrendous, I will not pay for this.” She said pointing at one of the paintings.

 I didn’t know what else to show her. She walked straight to a red and white painting.

“This, this is what I want!” She said pointing at the painting.

It was the opposite of what she was asking me to show to her.

I sighed as I walked behind the counter and looked for the prize of the painting.

“Can someone take it to my house?” She asked putting her sunglasses back on.