Chapter Two

He had been curious for a while now. He had smelt a new child werewolf in his school but no one had introduced themselves. He needed to know when other wolves were around so he could assess whether they were friend or foe but no one had identified themselves to him yet.

                He had patrolled the corridors until he had seen the young one that was in his school and had detected no threat. A little boy with curly hair. When asking about him in class he proved to be attentive, jumpy, but obedient. A good student who laughed and played and got on well with others. Ray had even watched him at playtimes but the little lad caused no arguments and willingly joined in and joked with his peers. He suspected no threat from the boy but it had been two weeks now and still no introductions had come. When he heard that Tim’s sister dropped him off at school each day he had finally decided to take the chance to look at her with the intention of showing himself  and making her come to him.

                What he hadn’t expected was seeing his mate; his beautiful mate who had watched her brother with so much love on her face. He had been instantly captivated. When she had turned to him he had felt his breath leave his lungs, she was beautiful and delicate. Petite and young but with eyes, older than herself. That had been interesting.

                For a full minute he had stared at her. His stern face had been to make her come to him as an Alpha to another, but he had forgot to rearrange his expression on seeing his mate. He wanted to look very different for her but he completely froze, stern expression and all. It had been her tiny retreat, a simply step back, that had alerted him to something not being right. Fear had crossed her features. His mate should not be afraid of him. She should have ran to him but instead she backed away from him?!

                And then she had shouted for her brother and ran. Literally ran. He was stunned, why would she run? Why was she afraid? But more than the shock of seeing a wolf run from him, was a sadness. He felt like his heart was wrenched from his chest. Did this mean she was rejecting him? She couldn’t. He wouldn’t let her reject him. But she had ran and taken the boy with her. He vowed to find her.

                Turning on his heel he was aware of how he looked. He was in one of his moods he heard the teachers say as he walked past. He ignored them. Instead making for the office he looked through the drawers and specifically year three records. He got out the list of children and then the emergency contact details to find Tim’s address. One he had it he went back to his office and picked up the phone.

“Turner?”

“Yeah Alpha.”

                On hearing his last name being spoken it was common knowledge it would be an order so Ray was called Alpha to reinforce the respect.

“We have a newbie who hasn’t introduced themselves to us. I want them brought to me.”

“No problem.”

“I have an address.”

She hurried from the school as fast as she could dragging Tim behind her. She needed time to figure out what was going on. Where they could go. She didn’t want to go home and she wasn’t staying there over night, at the moment though she needed time to plan on whether to meet the werewolf or run from both him and her father. She needed money and clothes though, so she turned for the house, intending on Tim to come with to work with her afterwards. She wouldn’t let him leave her sight. She started work at nine and ended up ringing them up as she rushed home asking if she could turn up half an hour late as an emergency had come up. They agreed but said she would lose a half hours pay. She took the chance.