Chapter Fifteen

He heard her throwing up as he followed her but the door was closed and he was hesitant of going to her.

“Tendra.” He called. “May I come in?”

“No.”

“Tendra, I’m sorry.”

“That’s who’s following my isn’t it. That’s them; father called them the Sanguis pack once.”

“Tendra, the Sanguis pack is not following you exactly. They don’t need to. Their territory is anywhere they can get. They challenge Alpha’s, they steal from anyone and more importantly; they win those Alphas. Tendra, the minute your father crossed one of them, they all would have been told. They’re after your father, but because you are his daughter, they’ll want you as well. They’ll want Tim.”

                He heard her cry out a little denial. But he bowed his head – he couldn’t take back his words because he spoke the truth. “Tendra, you aren’t to leave my sight and if I must go then I have arranged a guard for you.”
“I can’t stay here.”

“This is the Sanguis pack, Tendra,” He started to get angry at her; for not giving him a chance he deserved and for thinking foolishly. Thinking to leave in the midst of danger. “They have no set place, they are everywhere and unseen by everyone. We know of them but I have never seen one. I have never got on the wrong side of them. It just isn’t done. They are cunning, clever, they will take you here, or others from the pack will take you where you run to.”

“I have to try. It’s my fault Ashton is gone.”

“Then do everyone a favour, let me take care of this, so what has happened to Ashton is not in vain. Think of Tim if not yourself. I am Alpha, I have strength and I have connections. You are my mate and I will fight for you. The pack will fight for you. You are safe here.”

“I wish I’d never heard of werewolves.”

                He placed a hand on the smooth wooden door. He wanted to hold her as she faced her fear and sorrow.

“We are not all like your father!”

“My father is a terrible man and every wolf he has done business with is terrible. I have seen so many things Ray – you are the minority!”

“You have lived amongst the small percentage of dishonourable wolves. Open your eyes! I am not like that; my pack is not like that. Have you given it a moment to consider that maybe if you tried to get to know the pack then your opinion of us would change?!”

“I don’t want to be here!”

“You don’t want a mate to love and protect you? You don’t want to be safe from your father? You don’t want Tim to have a normal childhood? You can go back to your life Tendra but I ask you what is worse? You said you would try.”

“I have tried!”

“Then try but a little harder, put your trust in me. Get to know the pack. See us for what we are. True wolves, not like your father or his dodgy business men.”