Chapter Twelve

“Tendra, come on, we’re going shopping.”

“What?”
“Shopping, clothes for you and Tim. You can’t wear that same outfit another day, neither can Tim wear his. I’m taking you shopping.”

“You could take us home. We have all our belongings there.”

“You won’t be stepping one foot over that  threshold again.”

“You promised I could go back in a month.”

“Only if you still refuse to be my mate!”

“I have no money for new clothes.”

“I will provide for you, come on.”

                He was getting frustrated, he didn’t want her where the memories were and he especially didn’t want her to witness the dragging out and degradation her father would go through. The silver chains would take his strength, so much so he wouldn’t be able to even stand up on his own feet, he would be crawling while they dragged him. The silver would not burn enough to scar him but it wouldn’t be completely pain free. He wasn’t taking chance that Tendra act like a child and feel for her father. He didn’t want her to try to stop the punishment her father deserved. He wasn’t letting her go back.

                Just as she was about to protest further he grabbed her wrist and pulled her along, letting out a little unintentional growl.

“What about Tim?!”

“Look behind you.” She turned her head and found Ashton pulling a coat on Tim and picking him up quickly to bring him over to them. “Tim is coming with us, Ashton just wanted to put him in a coat.”

“Why do they have children’s clothes?”

“Nancy and Ashton can’t have children. We aren’t really sure why, They have tried for years now and no luck. Nancy’s sister had a little boy but Rachel got depression and she couldn’t take care of herself let alone a little boy so Nancy stepped in. They had no children of their own so they raised Nico from him being three to being five. Rachel was getting a lot of help though, Nancy and Ashton made sure she had counselling, saw the doctor and ate properly and all that. Anyway she got better earlier this year, so they let Nico go back home now it’s safe for him.”

“I bet that was hard for Nancy.”

“Yes it was. She stayed in the house for three weeks but they took Nico in knowing they were only caring for him while his mum got better, it was never a permanent thing, they were only helping out, but still two years is a long time and they grew attached.”

“Do they still see him?”

“Of course. Rachel owes to them her life and that of her son. She has them over for dinner three times a week and lets them take Nico out on trips during school holidays.”