Chapter Thirty Two

“Timothy! School!” Tendra called. In her hand was a plate and butty box. “Sit down, eat your breakfast.” 

“Thanks Tendra,” He called, bacon butty, he loved Friday’s.

                His little figure came running from the trees out the back. He had healed well but it had been months before he was running again. His eighth birthday was coming up and they were holding a large birthday party for him to accommodate all his friends from this pack and Myco’s pack.

“Tendra!” He called, “I’ve met another friend!” He called to her as he came in the back door. Ashton came over to Tim and lifted a hand up so they high fived.

“How you doing Kiddo?” Ashton asked.

“I’m ok Uncle Ashton, I met another friend, he’s all alone.”

                From out the trees came a little boy with eyes too large for his face. He looked scared and his little shoulders were bobbing showing that he was shaking.

She made for the little boy. “It’s ok, what’s your name?”

“Lewis.” He relied.

“Now don’t you be scared, it’s alright. What’s happened?”

“I got kidnapped. They hurt me.”

“Come on, take my hand.”

                She held out her hand and smiled down at the tiny boy.

“This is my sister Lew, this is Tendra, she’s cool. Come on in, Tendra’s got bacon butties!” Tim was already grabbing Ashton’s hand and leading the way to the kitchen. Tendra could see the hope in the little boy’s eye at the sound of food. “Come on.” She encouraged. He relaxed when he entered the house. It was apart from the safe house, but in the same enclosure. It was a private for the Alpha when he needed time away from his heavy duty and Tendra had spent a long time trying to decorate it as homely as possible. Tendra took the new boy into the kitchen where she placed a butty in front of him on a plate. He looked hesitant and didn’t start eating though Tim had already nearly finished his. She put some juice on the table, pouring one especially for Lewis. “Eat up Lewis,” she said, “before it gets cold.”

                She really started to looked at him; he looked very weak, tired and she suspected he was injured.

“Tendra? Myco’s coming over tonight, he wanted to bring Aliysha with him, have we enough food for both packs?”

“Yes, I’m going to the house in a minute when I’ve dropped Tim off at the school to start preparing the food.”

“Ah that’s good.” Ray walked into the kitchen and enveloped her into a strong hug before bending down and pressing a kiss over her still flat stomach. It would soon be growing – very large. “How’s Ray junior?”

“Doing just fine. But we have a new member today.” She pointed towards the child at the table. Ray immediately took in his state. His clothes were ripped in places.

“And where have you come from?”

                The boy had put down his food and was looking scared again. Ray walked over to him and knelt infront of him. “Are you hurt?” He asked. Lewis nodded. “Come with me, then we’ll feed you up. Don’t be afraid.” He took hold of the boy’s hand and Tendra followed him out of the door to the pack house and up the first flight of stairs.

                She hated this sterile white room, it reminded her of the many hours of waiting she had done when Tim was healing. For days he had been in wolf form, unconscious and healing. Then his body had finally given in and his wolf form changed back to the little human body. Tendra had screamed and cried and everyone had held their breaths for a week seeing if he could manage to survive such terrible wounds. When he finally opened his eyes Tendra had cried in joy but the sterile room was to be his room for the following three weeks. The doctor was amazing and Tendra felt she owed her an enormous debt as she saved her brother’s life.

                She still walked in though because Lewis looked to her for reassurance as Ray took him in and sat him down on the white bed. The door to the left opened and Lebon walked out, his hair was dishevelled and the doctor came out behind blushing furiously.

“I take it you’re staying for dinner Lebon?” Tendra asked.

“Thanks Ten.” He grinned and gave the doc a quick peck on the cheek before leaving.

“Right then young men, who might you be?” The doctor was saying walking over to him and gently trying to take off his ripped shirt.

“Where is you pack?” Ray asked in as soft a voice as he could.

                The boy suddenly started crying, full on crying and shaking with the sobs. Ray laid a hand on his shoulder. “Tell me little one. Let me help you.” Lewis looked up at him with pleading in his eyes, Ray looked down at him, “I can help you. I promise to help you.”

“They are all gone, the bad people killed them. I don’t have anywhere to go.”

“Well that’s one thing we can sort out now. You do have somewhere to go. You can stay here, in my pack, don’t you worry about that, no one is going to turn you away. When you’re feeling better you can tell me more of what happened and these bad people so I can go after them for you.”

“I can really stay?”

“You can really stay. Welcome Lewis; to the Familia Pack.”

Author’s note. J

Now that it’s finished I thought I would write this just in case some of you are interested and would like to know that Sanguis is Latin for blood. Letale is Latin for lethal. Cicatrices is Latin for scars and you could probably guess it, Familia is Latin for family. J just a little info there. Right so just a quick thanks for reading this and to those who have taken the time to vote, fan and comment. It is very much appreciated J