Chapter Eleven

Yep, he felt horribly guilty when at eight o clock in the morning he had turned over to wake Tendra and found her wide eyed and yelling for the direction to the bathroom. Her head hurt her and her stomach was having lots of fun throwing up the meal he cooked her last night.

“I brought you up some water. It might be better if you try to eat something.”

“I’ll say thanks for the water but there’s no chance I can even smell food.”

                He left her to it. She had only batted his hands away when he had tried to help by holding her hair. Apparently that was a girl thing and she didn’t want him seeing her like this. So he found himself pacing the bedroom. At least she hadn’t said anything about waking up to him lying next to her.

                Nine o clock found her pale faced and walking slowly out of the house to meet Tim.

“You can stay in bed if you want, I’ll bring him to you.”

“No, it’s ok.” She groaned when the front door banged shut and he saw her hand flutter to her head before realising that it wouldn’t help to touch it and put her hand back down. Ray saw an opportunity and took hold of that hand, leading her slowly towards Ashton’s house where he knew Nancy would give them breakfast. She was a lovely woman, very motherly to everyone and he loved that she made extra breakfast all the time in case he dropped in.

                They had been walking a good ten minutes and she was just going to ask how much longer she had to walk when she saw in front of her a little cosy looking cottage type of house. Still in the middle of the forest, with trees surrounding it, and a little blue front door. It opened before they had even got to the door.

“Ah Alpha, come on in. And you must be Tendra, Tim hasn’t stopped talking about you.”
“Is he alright?”

“Oh yes he’s fine, he’s eating a full English as we speak. He has a right appetite has the little one.”

                A woman, who looked very motherly wearing a dress with an apron with her hair pinned back, ushered them in with a beam of a smile on her face. Tendra had to admit it was contagious and she found herself smiling a long at the woman who was older than her but not yet hitting middle age.

“Come through, come through, you know the way. Ray, take Tendra with you.”

“Tendra!”

                A blur of red was all she saw before little arms and hands were wrapped around her legs and squeezing tightly.

“I had a good night Tendra. We had shepherd’s pie, Nancy makes it better than you do. And this morning, come look at my breakfast!” Little Tim grabbed hold of her hand and pulled her along the hallway into the kitchen and proudly showed her a full English: hash browns, mushrooms, beans, toast, fried egg, bacon and sausage. Of course he only had one of each whereas Ashton who was sat on the opposite side of the table had two of everything and extra tomatoes and black pudding. He was reading a newspaper but looked up on her entering the kitchen.