May the Best Man Win (Kagami Taiga x Reader x Aomine Daiki)

This took me a lot of thinking on the plot. Enjoy.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
It had been a long day for you and Aomine Daiki so you both decided to head to the gym to meet up with Momoi Satsuki. Momoi hasn't been her cheerful self lately and it was bothering Aomine at some point. Same goes to you.

Going through the door, both of you found her putting up all the basketballs at their rightful place. She saw you and rushed towards you with arms open. It was normal for you since that's how she welcomes you. It was quite better than how Kise does it. It was tight and painful yet hers was gentle and soft. (A/N: you know what I mean)

"Mo-chan. Is everything alright?" You asked, holding her hands.

"Eh? Yeah. What makes you think I wasn't?" She answered. She tilted her head a bit to the side and waited for you to answer back. Before you could open your mouth, Aomine was the first to respond. "You weren't yourself and it's bugging us"

"Us?" You repeated with one brow raised. "Shut up" he hissed and Momoi laughed.

"Hahaha! Alright you got me" her laughter then turned into whimpers which was alarming. "E-eh Mo-chan! What happened?" You asked, trying your best not to panic. "It's just that ... Tetsu-kun has his eyes set on another girl. It makes me jealous but I know I shouldn't be" she explained and the both of us heaved a loud sigh.

"Jeez. You know he only loves you as a friend right?" You told her.

"I know but I thought I could change that" she looked down to avoid any eye contact with neither of us. "Satsuki. I'll buy you ice cream on the way home so stop with the tears" Aomine scratched the nape of his neck. Momoi's face brightened up and hugged him tight. A bit of third wheel in there now weren't you?

"Thanks Dai-chan! I'll just finish up cleaning the storage room so wait for me?" He nodded as she head off leaving the two of you alone. You couldn't help but pout, feeling jealous of the two people even though they weren't a couple. Actually, you had this crush on Aomine and just completely ignore the feeling. Until such time, the feeling became stronger and you had no control of it.

You wanted to tell him about this but it was stopping you from doing so. You had the feeling that there is something up with those two, considering the fact that they were childhood friends.

Who wouldn't fall in love in that kind of relationship?!

Moving on, the atmosphere was quiet while you were debating in your mind. "(F/N)" he called and you hummed in response. "You're talking to yourself again weren't you?"

"T-that is none of your business!" You immediately replied and checked the time from your wrist watch. "Dang. I have to go home early so can I leave you here?" He accepted your permission and skipped to the door.

"Say Aomine" he hummed in response while you didn't even bother to turn around to look at him. "Just out of curiosity, is there something special between you and Mo-chan?" you finally asked and then there was a quick silence before he spoke up.

"If you mean that couple stuff then no" hearing that made you sigh in relief. At least that question was out of your shoulders. Now you could tell him right here. Right now.

"Aomine I love you"

"But our feelings are mutual"

You immediately stopped yourself from talking by covering your mouth with a slap.

"Was that what I think i heard?" He asked in a light tone and you heard footsteps coming closer and closer behind your back.

"Stay where you are" you ordered him, trying your best to hold back the tears.