Scattered Petals (Aomine Daiki x Reader)

It was the month of April that were you were fascinated by the ravishing cherry blossom petals flying away from the tree. The sight was absolutely splendid and your eyes sparkled like a little kindergarten you are. That's right, you were just so young and you couldn't stop sight seeing outside your class window.

Right now, snacks had started and you decided to stare at the flowers once again. It was after all, the first day of school so you needed time to make friends slowly ... later. You slid the glass window open and rested you arms there then your chin. A petal landed on top of your head and you quickly brushed it off with a shake.

"H-hey! Watch out!" A male voiced spoke up and your spine straightened quickly. Before you knew it, a basketball charged towards your direction. It met with your face but more on the nose which caused it to bleed very badly.

"Ah shit. I'm dead" you covered your nose to stop the overflow as you heard that voice once again. "Watch your language Dai-chan" A dark blue haired boy leap over the window and offered assistance. Your other classmates gathered near that window and watched what was going on. You guessed that the pink haired female was the one who scolded the boy. "Hey are you okay?" He removed your hand covering your nose and jolted when a leak came out like running water. "E-eeeew!" Your female classmates reacted.

Luckily, your homeroom teacher was able to return and help you out with this dilemma. After classes were over, you were able to encounter this certain boy again outside of your classroom as you waited for your parents. "Hi" he greeted, not making eye contact with you. "Hello" you responded.

"What are you still doing here?" You asked. "I just got scolded but it's fine" "oh ..." the atmosphere got a bit awkward now eh?

"Ah hey uhm. Is your nose fine?" He started off with a question and sat on the stairs next to you.

"Hmm ... I think so. Who nose?" You joked and he actually laughed. "You really like cherry blossoms do you?" He asked you again and that caught you off guard. "Eh--" "I've been observing you since this morning and you've been staring out the window so much so I'm guessing ... you loved flowers" he explained then threw his back to the ground and rested his head with his hands.

"Well I can't deny that. It's just that I've taken a liking to it when I was little" you smiled. "But you're still little" he added. "Hey. Where are you going?" You scolded him at first then asked when he sprung up and walked to who knows where. "Just a minute!" He managed to yell from a far then it didn't took long for him to return with something in his hand. "Here you go" he offered you your favorite flower that was still in it's full form. You accepted it and took a sniff. "T-that's a peace offering for ... you kn-- hey!" He stopped when he saw you pulling out the petals one by one. You weren't listening that time and just had to remove each petals. "Oh sorry. You were saying?" The kid sighed. "What are you even doing?"

"Ehm. My grandmama told me about this he loves me he loves me not thing" you explained.

"That's so girly. And?"

"I did it"

"For who? You said it was a he? Is he your crush? I won't tell" he lightened up and lend his ear to you, waiting for an answer. "Idiot. It doesn't always have to be romantic. I do it for fun"

"Damn. I guess you're right" he pouted in defeat. "(F/N)!!! Over here!" You mom waved and called out to you by the nearby gate.

"Ah well. I've got to go" you took your bag and lunch box. "H-hold it" the boy took a hold of your bag. "Name" "eh?"

"What's your name?"

"(F/N). (F/N) (L/N)"

"Aomine Daiki"