Chapter 12: Goodbyes suck unless you're coming back

It was currently 6 in the evening everyone is already inside the mess hall waiting for food to be served. Announcements were made about the current plan and mission. Everyone cheered for the success of the mission and raised there glasses.

After eating dinner, some of them retreated to their quarters but most of them are outside, training, relaxing, or stretching while the group who'll be doing the mission is already preparing inside the war preparation room just beside the barracks.

Sharpening of blades can be heard all over the room with a lot of bickering.

"Die Hijikata." Sougo said as he threw a knife at him which to his disappointment Hijikata dodge because of his reflexes

"My hand just slipped." Sougo said as he raised both of his hands.

"No it didn't Sougo!" HIjikata shouted at him then continued to pack.

"Hey that's my snacks!" Kagura shouted.

"It's mine now." Kamui said as he put the snacks he got from the table in his own bag.

"Bakamui." Someone murmured.

"Did someone just called me Baka?" Kamui said as he looked at the suspect.

Poor Abuto.

"You're going to bring all of that?" Gintoki said with a wow tone.

"Not all." Sakura said.

Sakura continued to pick knives from the weapons section. While Gintoki is sitting down while putting his feet on the metallic table reading his JUMP book satisfied with the lollipops and other sweets in his backpack and his wooden sword.

After Sakura packed various knives needed and went back to the metallic table where Gintoki is she noticed something missing.

"Shouldn't you bring a weapon too, Gintoki." She asked as she unsheathed her katana and started investigating for any damages on it.

"Nah, I'm satisfied with my bokuto already." He said while still reading his JUMP.

"At least bring something that can actually cut your opponents."

Gintoki looked at her and sighed. He snatched a small knife from Sakura's bag and put it inside his backpack. "Satisfied?" Gintoki asked.

"Hn." Was Sakura's reply and just started to ignore him.

She continued sharpening her sword.

"What a nice sword you got there Sakuranee-san." Kagura exclaimed as she went back to the metallic table with her backpack full of food and her umbrella.

"Thanks, Kagura-chan." Sakura said as she smiled at her.

"Where did you got it?" Kagura asked.

"Well, this." She raised the sword. "It was actually left to me."

"By whom?" Kagura asked.

"I actually don't know who did but well I accidentally found it in one of nii-san's boxes. He was suppose to give this to me when the time is right but he let me held into it." Sakura told her.

"Can I see?" Kagura asked.

"Oi! Kagura, you shouldn't touch someone's sword." Gintoki said as he put down his jump.

"It's okay Gintoki." Sakura said as she handed Kagura her sword.

It looked like just a normal sword except for it's hilt which has a dragon design on it and a small engraved cherry blossom on the top of the hilt that can only be seen when you get close to it.