Chapter 23: Sometimes, what we need are happy distractions

"I like y-"

"Yo! Taka-channn!" A clearly drunk Sakamoto shouted at the duo.

That damn Tatsuma, Takasugi thought as he tried hard not to end the baka's life on the spot.

"Oh Sakura-channn you're here too?" Sakamoto laughed and put each of his arms around his comrades.

"Tatsuma-kun, me and Takasugi-kun were just talking." Sakura cringed away a little from Bakamoto's alcohol breath, "Anyways Takasugi-kun, what were you going to say?"

Sakamoto interjected when he noticed Takasugi was silent but completely oblivious to the said man's anger, "Oh I heard him say I like y-"

"The sea." Takasugi immediately cut.

"That's nice to know again, I guess." Sakura just shrugged but she noticed that her companion was hiding something.

"Hey," She called out to the two, "If there's a problem, don't hesitate to talk to me okay? I don't want you guys suffering alone."

Bakamoto was surprisingly silent and the three watched the waves continue to hit the unmovable rocks.

"We better get back inside." Takasugi said and sighed that his plan failed. Sakamato led the two back to the party.

"Kami-sama." Sakura gaped at the sight of a drunk Katsura imitating a sexy dance on top of the table.

"GO ZURA!" Bakamoto laughed and sat down along random people as they watch the show.

Takasugi settled down with Kondo who was passed out on the chair while Sakura wandered around.

After a few moment she was suddenly dragged up the makeshift table stage by Zura.

"Katsura-kun!" Sakura protested but let herself be pulled up, she's not one to ruin the fun.

"Sakura! Time to show your dance moves!" Katsura-kun said and continued dancing his sexy dance before.

"But there's too many people!" Sakura said nervously at the unfazed yet drunk man.

"Don't mind them, just have fun." Katsura reassured.

They all cheered for her to dance and she finally complied and took two fans from some of the women and threw one to Katsura in which he caught.

Then they both started dancing the fan dance, known to be done by geishas before.

Katsura and Sakura laughed as they danced with spins, turns, and graceful movements that slowly turned into an awful attempt to dance in hip hop and a cover version of Joui Joy.

Meanwhile, a certain green eyed policeman watched from the furthest part of the room leaning against the huge doorway.

"She's good isn't she." A perm head appeared and leaned against the other side of the doorway with arms crossed.

Hijikata remained silent and continued to train his eyes on the view.

"Zura's the one who actually taught her that." Gintoki shared to the silent man, "And well, that too." He let out a chuckle as the two dancers are now attempting to tango.

"Yorozuya..." Hijikata finally talked, "Can I ask you a question?"

Gintoki nodded.

"Do you..." Hijikata paused for a moment, "Do you think that someone like me is capable of making someone happy?"

Gintoki sighed, he and the Mayora are truly the same when it comes to love. So unsure if they could provide happiness with the kind of character and jobs they have in addition to that, their possibility of being reckless is topnotch dragging death with it.