Chapter 17: Strolls can be exhausting

"You know what group you're in we'll take the left path, the youngsters and kimonos take the right, and the Hawaiians take the front be sure to not get lost on the way and keep an eye on your surroundings and avoid contact with anything related to the government at all cost." Takasugi said as they walked from the wooden dock to the stoned road.

"Got it." They all said as quiet as possible since there are people everywhere.

They carried their own luggage and separated into three groups and walked to their own paths to the hotel which all of them will be staying.

Meanwhile at the left path group...

"I'll carry that." Hijikata said as he tried to snatch Sakura's luggage.

"It's okay Takashiro-kun, I can carry it." Sakura said while still dodging Hijikata's antics.

"Geez, what are slaves for?" Hijikata said as he finally did snatched the luggage and carried it.

"Looks like your into slavery Takashiro-kun, should I extend the expiration date?" Sakura said teasing him.

"You better not." Hijikata grumbled.

"Kidding, Suru-kun are you fine?" Sakura asked Takasugi who looked a little disturbed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Takasugi said back.

"Tell me something." Sakura said.

"Like what?" Takasugi asked confused.

"Anything, you haven't talked about anything except 'this is what you're going to do, this is what supposed to happen etc.'" Sakura said imitating Takasugi a little which made Takasugi and Hijikata chuckle.

"Ugh, I hate being the class clown." Sakura said then shrugged.

"True it doesn't suit you." Takasugi said then finally smiled.

"I'll take that as a compliment." Sakura said then smiled back.

They walked for a few moments.

"You two stay here, I'll buy you some water." Sakura said motioning them to a bench.

"No I can buy it." Takasugi said.

"Tut tut, I'll buy water. Stay here." Sakura said as she walked towards the convenience store.

Both men sat down and waited.

"You like her don't you?" Hijikata said out of who knows where.

Takasugi was obviously startled then proceeded to give Hijikata a what-the-heck-are-you-talking-about glare while Hijikata just suck a lollipop.

"Why would you say that?" Takasugi asked.

"Dunno, at first I was just thinking on how could you accept such alliance with us that easily, well everyone thought it's because you finally realized that we have to cooperate in order to win, but the close ones thought you agreed because you're just scared of getting beaten up by her. But to me I don't think that's the only reason, so I just thought maybe you like her." Hijikata said in a cool manner.

Takasugi took a moment to think of a comeback.

"It's not that I like her or anything." Takasugi said.

"Like who?" Sakura suddenly appeared in front of them carrying three water bottles and three popsicles.

Takasugi was definitely surprised and startled.

"You really don't know? It's y-" Hijikata almost finished the word when Takasugi cut him.

"The sea, I just like the sea." Takasugi immediately said sneaking a what-do-you-think-are-you-doing glare.