Chapter 19: One should not anger women

"Thank you." Sakura said as she gave the money to the old man who sells dangos on the street.

"Here, Hijikata-san." Sakura handed two dango sticks at him in which Hijikata took from her and ate it.

"You didn't have to buy some for me." Hijikata said still eating the dangos.

"I know. So where should we go next?" Sakura asked.

"Let's try near the Shinsengumi headquarters. We still have 1 more hour till we meet with the perm head." Hijikata said and then led the way to the Shinsengumi.

"Okay." Sakura said and then followed him under the faint street lights.

They walked silently and finished their dangos and threw the sticks on a trash bin then walked again it was 7pm already, three hours since they got here.

They passed the bridge and finally in front of the Shinsengumi that was barred with planks with a keep out sign on it.

Hijikata sighed as he looked at the Shinsengumi Headquarters board sign.

"Are you alright?" Sakura asked as she gently pat his right shoulder.

"I'm fine." He said the took off her hand of his shoulder. "Let's figure out our way inside we might get something."

"Understood." Sakura said then followed Hijikata as he led her around the walls until they reached a wall from a side covered with lots off bushes.

Hijikata made his way inside the bushes then emerged from it again as he noticed his companion wasn't following him.

"You coming or what?" He asked.

"I am just go ahead I'll follow." Sakura said and Hijikata nodded then proceeded to crawl back to the direction he's going to and was glad to see the small trapdoor his commander uses whenever he would want to escape at night to continue his stalking hobbies, still there and intact.

He picked up a key from his pocket which he got from his commander a while ago before departing and opened the trapdoor with it and went through to the Shinsengumi grounds.

He stood up and patted all the dirt and leaves that stuck to his clothes and picked up his hat that he threw above the wall and looked back to see his companion emerging from the trapdoor and now standing up to see her yukata was pulled up for better motion and blushed a little.

She silently removed the dirt from her yukata and turned to look at Hijikata then she suddenly startled him by chuckling.

"What's funny?" Hijikata asked glaring.

"There's a twig sticking in your hair." She said.

"Oh." Hijikata said as he picked up the twig then threw it away.

The couple walked around the deserted Shinsengumi, full of dust and some cobwebs.

'We're going to have one hell of a general cleaning as soon as we come back.' Hijikata took note of that thought.

And they finally went inside to the men's quarters then stopped in front if Hijikata's room.

"Wait here." Hijikata said to her in which she simply nodded.

Hijikata went inside his room to find everything in place as he left it. He looked around his drawers and saw nothing inside it.

'As expected, they stole all the informations and valuable papers.' He grunted.

He searched around the room for any changed and finally reached his closet.

'Please let it still be here.' He thought.