1 | edited

Kim Jeana

I watched quietly as our new neighbour bring their boxes inside. A boy, around my age, maybe a year older stared at the house with wide eyes, but it all faded suddenly. Maybe he had bad thoughts? Maybe he just broke up with his girlfriend?

"Jeana! Can you pass this basket of fruits to the new neighbours after they have finished bringing their boxes inside?" eomma asked me.

I sighed heavily, "why can't you ask oppa to do it?"

"Jin is busy, he has finals coming up. He needs to study" eomma answered, giving me a very stupid response.

"Eomma, it takes less than 5 minutes-"

"Just do it will you!" eomma yelled at me and left the living room.

I sigh and turned around and saw the boy staring at me. When we made eye contact, he looked away, pretending he wasn't looking at me.

***

After a few hours, I saw there wasn't anymore cars or vans coming to their house. I guess they have finished bringing their things over.

I grabbed the basket and went to my older brother's door and knocked on it, without waiting for a reply, I opened the door.

"Yah, can you follow me go to our new neighbour's house?" I asked my brother, Seokjin.

He looked at me and sighed, "fine. But you do the talking"

I nod and pulled him from the chair where he was 'studying' when actually I saw him playing his phone.

We both leave the house and crossed the road to reach the boy's house.

I rang the doorbell twice and waited. Soon, the boy I saw earlier opened the door and stared down at me.

"Annyeonghaseyo" I bowed, "my eomma told me to send you this"

He looked down at the basket and back at me, "thank you"

After he grabbed the basket of fruits, a beautiful lady came out and stood beside him and holds onto his waist.

"Hello, who's this?" the lady asked the boy.

I smiled at the lady, "I'm Kim Seokjeana, but you can call me Jeana, this is my brother, Seokjin, also known as, Jin," I answered and bowed while my brother faked a smile.

"I see. I'm Mrs Jeon, this is my only son, Jungkook, my husband is inside, unpacking." She explained and darted her eyes towards the basket of fruits, "Oh! Did you give us these? Thank you so much!"

"No problem" I gave her a huge smile while the boy, Jungkook, stared at me.

"Gosh! I'm so rude, would you like to come eat dinner with us? Not at our house of course, it's still messy. Perhaps somewhere near?" Mrs Jeon asked.

I looked up at Jin, I was never into this family outing or such. Jin was always the one who knows whats going on or where we are going.

"Of course, does 8 works?" Jin asked

"Of course! See you then! Oh, do you mind if Jungkook joined you guys? He doesn't have any friends here," Mrs Jeon pout a little.

I awkwardly looked at Jungkook while he played with his fingers.

"Um, of course. Lets go" I answered, looking up at Jungkook.

"Thank you so much dear, I'm sorry for the trouble"

"It's okay, Mrs Jeon" I answered and bowed while she gave her son a kiss on the cheek and closed the door.

The three of us walked together quietly until Jin broke the silence.