14 | edited

Jeon Jungkook

I sighed as I looked at the reply that Jeana sent me. Just when I was about to ask her to be my girlfriend. I know it's weird how I suddenly texted her but I just got this boost of confidence in me.

How am I going to tell her now? Whenever we try to confess our feelings, things just had to go down hill.

I groaned in frustration. What am I suppose to tell her tomorrow? I won't have the confidence like I had earlier on.

It was such a waste. I memorised the english song word for word. I bought us a necklace that had our names on it. She would be wearing the necklace with my name on it while I wear mine with her name on it. I had the food all ready. God damn it. She just had to be tired.

Why would she be so tired anyway? What did she do? Homework? I am in the same class as her but our teacher didn't give us any homework today.

I just shake my head and went to sleep. This is a waste of time.

***

"Hey Jungkook! What did you want to tell me yesterday?" Jeana asked, skipping towards me.

It was normal for us to walk to school together everyday. Ever since we made up, the 3 of us had been going to school together.

I looked behind her, "Where's Jin?"

"Oh, he's sick" Jeana frowned, "what did you want to tell me yesterday??" Jeana poked my arm.

I peel my eyes off the door and looked down at her, "nothing"

"Oh? But you said it was important?" Jeana said and walked faster to catch up with me.

"It's not important now" I tell her. Yes, I was pretty mad at Jeana. Like what was she so tired about?

"Jungkook, come on, you can't be mad at me for not seeing you yesterday night, right?" Jeana asked, holding onto my arm.

I turned around and stared at her, "actually yes. I am pretty mad at you"

"Why? I told you I was really tired" I ignored her and turned around walking towards school, "Did you even know what I did?!"

"WHAT? What were you so tired about?" I said, turning back towards her again.

"I had to do some stupid interview for a job. I was late and got a warning from the boss and I haven't started work yet! Then I had some stupid homework to do"

I stared at her, okay, she has a point. "Jeana, there is no homework"

"There is. Maths, page 105 to 118" She tells me. "God damn it, Jungkook. Why are we fighting so much? We aren't even a couple yet"

My heart skipped a beat when she said 'couple'. "Well, fine. I'm sorry for accusing you" I couldn't let Jeana walk away from me. I wanted her to be my friend. The old times when she ignored me for a few weeks replayed in my mind. Gosh, it was such a terrible experience.

"It's... fine Jungkook," sighed Jeana as she sauntered past me with a frown.My heart throbbed seeing that frown. I shouldn't have accused her and now, she thinks I'm judgemental. I jogged towards her and threw my right arm over her shoulder, plastering a wide smile.

"Aww don't be sulky," I pinched her cheeks.

Jeana was surprised over what I've done as her eyes widened.

"Fine fine, I won't."

She's cute when she's sulky.

***

Kim Jeana

I had 1 hour to get ready for work. When I entered my house, I threw my bag on the couch and ran upstairs to take a shower and freshen up. After I did, I got ready and put on light make up and such. I was done within half and hour.

I have 15 minutes to spare. I decided to eat something light since I didn't have time. When I did, I grabbed my phone and wallet and walked towards the cafè. It was only a 10 minute walk.

While I was walking my phone beeped;

Jeanaaaaa where are youuuu are you at the bakery yettttt???? -Jungkook

When me and Jungkook made up, he asked me what my job was and I told him. Surprisingly, Jungkook's uncle actually owned the shop and he worked there sometimes.

Aniyaaa im reaching there soon. are you at the bakery already? -Jeana

Jungkook replied with a simple 'yes'. I couldn't wait too see his face so I speed up my pace. Finally, I reached the bakery and saw Jungkook sitting outside and playing his phone.

I walked quietly towards and bent down and throwing my arm casually around his shoulder, "What game are you playing"

Jungkook didn't look at me, "Crossy Roads" a few seconds passed and he realised I was here and turned around, "JEANA!"

I giggled, "Annyeong! Am I late?"

"Nope. You're 2 minutes early" Jungkook smiled and pulled my arm, "let's go. I'll show you around"

And he did. There were 2 workers working in the kitchen; Minhyuk and Yonghwa. I have to admit, Minhyuk is pretty hot. There was also another girl working as a cashier with me; Yerim. She was beautiful. She has long blonde-ish yellow-ish hair and a beautiful smile. I couldn't help but think that Jungkook's crush was her.

"And here's the bathroom" Jungkook tells me.

I made a face, "Public toilets are disgusting"

"Anyways, i'm working in the kitchen so I can't see you but Yerim will guide you, araseo? We'll go home together after work" Jungkook tells me.

Touched by his kindness, "Kamsahamnida,"

"Don't have to thank me" Jungkook smiled and walked away.

I went towards the cashier where Yerim was standing at. She saw me and gave me a wide smile.

"Annyeong! What's your name?" Yerim asked.

"Jeana" I replied, "I hope we can be friends!"

"Of course! So, i'll teach you this money machine thing, first"

***

Gosh, even though I was working as a cashier, it was actually pretty tiring. I had to walk around and answer people a few questions that they asked like, the price and what's in the bread. Since it's my first day of work and I know nothing aboutthe bakery, I had to ask Yerim to help me.

Sometimes, I catch Jungkook staring at me, but I know he was only doing that just because of kindness. He only treats me as a friend.

"So how was your first day at work?" Jungkook asked as we both walked down the pathway.

I dramatically sigh and lay my head on his shoulder, "tiring"

"Aigoooo? waeyo? You're only working as a cashier"

"Yahh!" I lifted my head from his shoulder and smack his arm.

"Mian! Mian!" He laughed, "how was Yerim treating you?"

"Great." I quickly answered, "Speaking of Yerim, the girl you liked, were you talking about Yerim?"

Jungkook gulped while staring at me. What he answered actually shocked me.