6 | edited

Kim Jeana

My eyes scrutinized the swarming students entering the school, making sure there was no sign of Jungkook.Jin was standing beside me, giving me a weird stare.He followed my gaze but couldn't decipher who I was searching for.

"Can we go in now?"Jin asked with folded arms.

When I was sure Jungkook's presence was not there, I nodded my head and dragged Jin into the school.I was still avoiding Jungkook even though we communicated with each other yesterday but it wasn't a proper conversation.I couldn't inform Jungkook about the reasons why I was avoiding him because I felt embarassed and stupid.I was hoping that Jungkook could stop pastering me for answers.

When Jin and I ambled through the hallway, my eyes landed on Jungkook whom just exited the washroom.My eyes widened and I immediately stood behind Jin, hoping Jin's tall body could cover me.I heaved a sigh of relief when Jungkook entered the classroom, not acknowledging my presence.Jin spunned on his heels and faced me.

"This is not what I wanted," blurted Jin.I looked up at him with furrowed brows.Huh?

"You are acting this way to Jungkook because of what I told you but I didn't mean it like this.You guys can be friends but in certain circumstances, you have to keep your distance."

"Oppa, this is what you wanted and now that I'm not friends with Jungkook, my life is at peace and I don't see girls threatening me,"I emphasised 'you' and shook my head at Jin.Sometimes, I don't understand what my brother is aiming for.

I sauntered past him and entered my classroom with cautious steps, avoiding my gaze on Jungkook.I sat down at my seat and started organizing my books and stationaries for the very first lesson.From the corner of my eyes, I could feel Jungkook's eyes glued onto me.I gulped and took out the library book from my bag and exited the classroom to return the book to the library.

***

After returning the book, I browsed through the shelves to find books that catched my attention.I randomly placed my hand onto a book and slipped it out from the shelve.I read the title and my heart throbbed.

The Friend Who Got Away

Author:Elissa Schappell and Jenny Offill

I'm the friend who got away from Jungkook because of his reputation.I heaved a sigh and slotted the book into its original position.I spunned around and my eyes widened, spotting Jungkook infront of me.Jeana, don't talk to him.

I was about to amble away but halted when Jungkook rested his left hand onto the shelve, blocking my way.I rolled my eyes and turned to the other direction but I was blocked too by Jungkook's right hand.My heart skipped a beat, realising the situation I was in.I noticed how close our distance was with one another and that made me flushed in red.I tried to act cool by asking Jungkook sarcastically.

"Yes, what do you need?"

"I need answers,"he responded with his eyes staring right at me.I felt like I could get swallowed by those intense gaze.

"I'm pretty sure we're strangers so I don't have to give you-"

I got interrupted when Jungkook leaned in even closer to me, our bodies almost brushing one another.Okay, I need to get out.I looked away and I wanted to conceal my now red cheeks.

"I won't stop until I have the answers,"he warned.

"You should read that book,"he added before sauntering away.I exhaled heavily, finally getting sufficient air.I rested my hand onto my chest and realised how fast my heart was beating.Gosh, what is this feeling and what happened to Jungkook?Ugh, avoiding him is already so hard for me.

***

Everyone was gathered at the volleyball indoor sports hall after changing into our PE clothings.PE was my least favourite subject because I'm not an active person.Our PE instructor, Mr Jun assigned us partners for the volleyball passing practice.With no luck siding with me, I was partnered with Eun Mi.Out of all the people, why her?Honestly, I don't feel scared of her because Jungkook and I are no longer friends but its up to Eun Mi is she would want to believe it or not.

I dragged my feet and started passing the ball to Eun Mi.Eun Mi served so high and rough that I need to chase after the ball and dodge the ball.She would smirked at me when I had to do that.My blood boiled and my fist clenched so tight with her ugly personality.With outrage of anger, I served the ball so high and with so much force, that she needed to chase and dodge the ball.Serve you right for threatening me.

While she get the ball, I knelt down and started tying my loose shoelace.Ugh, I'm even so lazy to tie my shoelace.

"Jeana watch out!"my classmate hollered and I looked up, finding a ball coming towards my direction.I immediately closed my eyes shut but I didn't feel any pain at all.I opened both my eyes and saw Jungkook standing infront of me.My jaw dropped to the floor.Did Jungkook just sacrificed for me?He winced in pain but it didn't seem to bother him that much.

"Jungkook, are you okay?!"I heard Eun Mi asked but he simply ignored.

He knelt down and to my astonishment, he started tying my shoelace.My eyes could only watched him and my body froze.He craned his head up to me and we exchanged gazes.At that moment, I felt butterflies in my stomach.His eyes were sparkling, his fringe was drenched with sweat and yet he could looked so amazing and his gaze stared into my soul.

"J-Jungkook, a-are you okay?"I stuttered.

"No, because a friend got away." Jungkook replied coldly without looking up at me. I scanned everyone whose eyes were glued onto me and soon realised that Jungkook and I are in the middle of the attention.Right, I have to avoid Jungkook.Bothered by the stares, I pulled my feet away so he couldn't tie my shoelace.

"I can tie it myself."

"You're stupid. You'll tie too loose and you'll trip and fall." Jungkook declined.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away but he remained constant."I'm fine. Just go away."

"Jeana, can you bring Jungkook to the nurse?" Mr Jun hollered across.Why should I bring Jungkook to the infirmary?

I sighed and nodded lazily, ambling in front of Jungkook.

"Why are you being ignorant?" Jungkook asked after catching up with me.

I started getting defensive, "I'm not."

"You ignored me for no reason Jeana!" he hollered at my face, holding onto my shoulders.

I craned my head up to him and met his eyes."why do you care so much?"

He sighed, "I just want to know why! Is it wrong, Jeana? Huh? Is it wrong?"

I stared at him for a few seconds before looking down again, walking towards the infirmary and ignoring Jungkook.I find it so hard to tell him my answers.

"Jeana, please" he begged again, seizing onto my arm.

I took a deep breathe and looked down, "does your stomach hurt?"

"A little," he answered.

I dragged him to the nurse office and explained what happened, which just consists of a few words; he got hit by a ball by accident.

"Aish, be careful next time Jungkook-ah," the nurse warned.

Jungkook didn't even smile, "that doesn't hurt at all" he mumbled.

I know where this was going. "You're crazy."

Jungkook flickered his eyes at the nurse for a second then looking back down again, "for her" he whispered, thinking we couldn't hear.

"Wae? Are you blinded by love?" the nurse asked.

"Stop being an extra" Jungkook snapped at the nurse, making me jump at his sudden action. Jungkook flickered his eyes at me, "sorry"

"It's fine" the nurse mumbled. I could see she was careful with her words now.

"There all done. Take this papers and you'll be safe" the nurse said quickly.

Please vote (-: