Is Brendon Actually a Dick?

Brendon always bullied Ryan. Ryan never knew why, he wish he did. He never did anything wrong to upset Brendon or his friends.

It broke his heart that he was mean to him because they used to be the bestest of friends when they were little. Everything changed when they got to high school.
"Hey Ryan"
"Yeah hey faggot" Kellin snapped.
"Don't call me that"
"Aw why? Is the little faggot getting upset" Dallon laughed.
"Stop it guys... It's clearly too much for him" Brendon says walking over. "Haven't you got a boyfriend to go to or something?"
"S-sorry"
"Beat it kid"
----------
TW
Ryan was home now, he felt like cutting. But he couldn't. He hasn't relapsed in three years. But he felt like he needed it.
He rummaged through his drawers looking for what he needed,
A blade.

After deciding where to cut, he dragged the blade across his wrist. Although his eyes watered, he found pleasure from the pain he was feeling. It was a release of all anger and upset... Why did he do this you may ask? Brendon Urie, that's who.
----------
The next day at school Ryan wore a short sleeved t-shirt. (He had no longer sleeved ones). He knew he was gonna get stick for this, because his cut marks were visible. He felt like crying there and then. He really couldn't take any shit today.

"Hey look, it's faggot"
"Don't even go there Fuentes" Ryan snapped at another one of Brendon's 'followers'
"Oh look at this boys" he smirked. "Looks like little Ryro here cuts himself"
"He probably does it for attention"
"T-that's not true" he stuttered.
"Aw look boys, he's gonna cry"
Ryan couldn't take it anymore he ran off, leaving the school entirely to go back home.
--------
That night Brendon was with his minions, Dallon, Kellin, Vic, Bob, Bert, and a few others he forgot the names of.

They were getting shitfaced tonight. And I mean shitfaced. Brendon was already slightly buzzed. He had loads to drink already.

As the night progressed, Brendon got even more drunk, so drunk that it lead to him texting someone. That someone being Ryan.

I miss you. I'm sorry.
Even though he was drunk, he still knew what he was doing.

Ryan got the text, sat and thought for a minute.
I miss you too. It's okay.
He sent back. He wondered if Brendon actually meant it- but hey, drunken mouths speak sober thoughts. Right?
----------
"Ryan!" A familiar voice called.
"Brendon?"
"Hey look, I wanted to say I'm- Ryan what's on your arm?"
"I-it's nothing"
"Ryan. It's clearly something" Brendon said sadly.
"Why would you care anyway? You haven't cared for at least three or four years. You have your little minions that harass me every chance they get. So please do me a favour and don't pretend you care" he spat, venom in his tone. "You did this, these are because of you" he said pointing to his cut marks, that were slowly turning into scars. "You left me just so you could be popular... What happened? We were so close"
"I-I'm so sorry Ryan. I didn't realise how bad I-"
"Brendon please don't. Just- go back to your friends yeah?"
"I'm sorry" he whispered. "I'm so so sorry" he whispered once more before walking away.

Had Ryan been too harsh or did he done the right thing? He wondered that exact thought for a minute or two. Half of him wanting to follow Brendon and apologise, the other wanting to leave him in the past and find new friends. Ones that actually cared.
--------------
Thank you so much MsJackseanAtTheDisco for this idea! It was brilliant, I hoped you liked it.
There will be a second part to this, set a few years later. But that's all I'm telling for now.
Until next time
Bye my lovelies,
-Lev❤️