Chapter One

In this story, Legolas was born around 2100 T.A. which means that Celebrian is still alive. His mother died when he was just starting to walk, so it is just him and his father.

Important: I am going to write this one the full way through. I have planned out this story and I am looking forward to writing it. I will probably go back and finish my others, but first I want to get this going. I'm so sorry for long waits and I understand your unhappiness. I hope you continue with me now that I have more time, and I think you may just enjoy where this story goes. Thank you, readers. I'm looking forward to what's ahead.

~Zelinith

Gleeful laughter rang through the air, raising the spirits of anyone within hearing distance. It was carried on the winds which brought it to the nearby trees who shook with joy at the sound. For many years now the delightfulness of elflings had been missing, particularly from this specific one. Too long had it been since the elfling had last visited the Hidden Valley. But now his laughter helped lift the weight of darkness that the trees bore on their limbs, making them rustle and murmur with happiness for the return of their little Greenleaf.

The elfling in question sat astride an elk of utter magnificence. He hugged the elk around his thick neck as much as his little arms would allow him to do so and sighed at the grunt he got in return.

The creature had been playing a game with the elfling who he adored with his entire being and had protected since the young one had been born. It was a quite simple concept; the little one would put his stuffed animal onto one of his antlers which he would then proceed to toss into the air with a mighty thrust of his head, and then catch in the opposite one. It was amusing for both parties and had kept the elfling distracted.

The little one's father walked alongside the pair, watching as his Greenleaf played with the elk. It was a merry sight indeed. Everyone in the escort couldn't help but smile. He was too infectious and the father would have it no other way - he quite liked his happy little elfling.

The elfling sat up and took his stuffed toy off of the elk's antler, hugging it to his chest. He looked around surprised, for he hadn't noticed until now that they were almost entering a forest that lay ahead. Peering behind him, he watched as the plains started to disappear.

What is it, my little one? Came a voice into his head. He looked back around and smiled as he rubbed the elk's ears.

Oh, nothing, he returned, I was just watching the plains go away. I didn't realize we were almost into the forest - not that I'm complaining!

He heard a chuckling in his head and the elk below him rumbled. I never thought you would, Greenleaf. You are too fond of the trees and them in return for that to ever occur. No, I didn't think you were complaining. It's just your curiosity is amusing.

The elfling scrunched up his nose. Ada says that sometimes my curiosity is too amusing. I always thought it was a good thing, but not everyone agrees.

I think it's because you end up injured wherever your curiosity leads you.

It's not my fault that bad stuff follows me. I always try to be careful!

I know elfling, sometimes it just can't be helped. But you do end up in trouble quite often.

The elfling sighed and hugged his stuffed animal once while the elk shook his head and rumbled beneath him as the elfling pouted. The little one's father gracefully mounted behind his elfling when he saw the lip sticking out. Wrapping his arms around the small body, he urged the elk to begin trotting faster.