Chapter Three

I'm going to start editing my other stories now, and possibly start working on my other two now that this one is heading on it's way. We shall see. But enjoy!

Legolas looked outside balefully, watching as elves went about their days. Hugging his knees to his chest, he huffed and leaned back along the wall. He was curled up on the window's bench, ignoring the others in the room.

After breakfast that morning, his Ada had explained to him how he was expected to stay indoors for the day in the company of the other elven children, Erestor, and Glorfindel. He had protested immediately, for he had barely had the chance to see, and be, in the gardens of Imladris. Sadly, his father had been stern and ignored his pleas, saying that it was too dangerous at the moment for him to be wandering outdoors.

So now he sat inside the library, staring grumpily out the large window while the others did some activity at a table nearby.

It wasn't in the Prince's nature to be unhappy. On the contrary, he was usually so energetic that it took a lot of effort to calm him down. Seeing his sunny countenance dimmed pulled at the others hearts, yet they knew it was for the best that he stayed indoors.

Glorfindel glanced over at the elfling for the umpteenth time, sighing as he took in the still unhappy form. Looking back at Erestor for a brief moment, the Balrog Slayer stood up from the table and slowly made his way over to the Prince.

Along the way, he stopped at a bookshelf, quickly skimming it over with his eyes. A frown marred his face as he tried to look for a particular book that he knew the little elf would enjoy. The last time he had come to visit, he had loved it whenever Glorfindel read this particular story to him. Remembering this, the warrior was attempting to find said book. He could have sworn that he replaced it back onto its shelf, the one right before him, but it didn't seem to be there.

Just as he was about to move on and go to the elfling emptyhanded, he spotted the book tucked away on one of the lower shelves, hidden between two massive tomes.

Crouching down, he reached for the book, wiggling it around when he realized it was stuck between the other two. With a massive pull, the book popped out, spraying dust onto the warrior. Using his free hand, he wiped off the book, smiling at the faded picture on the front.

Ignoring the dust on himself, Glorfindel stood back up and continued on towards where Legolas was curled up on the window bench, hiding the book behind him.

When the warrior was near enough, Legolas looked over to him, mentally sighing. Seeing no way to escape without it being extremely rude, the little elfling scooted over, sitting with his back to the window so the other elf would have enough space.

Glorfindel sat down in the now open spot, hiding the book off to his left so the Prince wouldn't see it. Looking down and the little one, he took in the downcast head and sagging shoulders.

Gently, he laid a hand on the elfling's back, rubbing it softly.

"You know, Legolas," Glorfindel said softly, "Your Adar is just doing what he believes to be the right thing. He fears for your safety, like all of us. He would rather not chance you getting hurt."

He kept rubbing the elfling's back slowly, watching as a hand reached up and rubbed an eye (though he is only assuming this for the golden tresses block the face from view). Watching silently, the little head slowly raised, turning tear filled eyes to the warrior, the pools of blue on the verge of flooding over.