Chapter Twenty-Three

Hey, so this is just a short little chapter that is very important if I decide to make a sequel. After this there is only two more chapters for the actual story and then one or two about what you guys want to see and then what to expect. Thanks!

~Zelinith

Minutes before Glorfindel and Erestor were sent to check on Caunardhon...

Eruheran hid in the shadows of a cell, watching as Mithrandir and company quickly fled down the hallway. Holding his breath, he waited patiently until he heard the door at the end of the passage click shut. He gave it a few more moments before he released his breath, slowly moving out of his hiding spot. With a glance down the way to make sure they were truly gone, he finally exited the cell, heading towards the one where the Prince was originally held.

Upon reaching the door to the cell, he leaned against one of the bars, gazing at the crumpled form of Caunardhon on the far wall. To say that Eruheran was a bit surprised at how easily he was taken down would be an understatement. But considering the other's rage, it wasn't too shocking at the same time.

As he watched the beast-like elf's chest rise and fall, he thought about all that had happened. Without even having to be there to witness it, he knew that the Elven King would be able to take down Morohtar once and for all. The dark elf was too full of rage and would be easy to catch off guard in order to defeat. And he also knew that the Prince would recover from his injuries in time, be protected more carefully, and possibly block this traumatizing event from his mind. This would make it harder to retaliate later in the future, but nothing was ever impossible.

Eruheran pushed these thoughts aside when he noticed the other stirring. Standing up straight, he walked forward, kneeling over the form on the ground. Quietly he drew a blade from his side, cocking his head at the other.

After thinking for a moment, he used one hand to yank up Caunardhon's head, carefully inspecting his neck. Finding what he wanted, he quickly slashed through the elf's neck, going deep enough to slice the spinal cord in the process. Sitting back on his haunches, he watched as the blood spilled out of his throat, a deep crimson color.

He spent a few minutes like this, quietly observing the death of the elf. When he knew for certain that there was no chance of life coming back to him like the last time, he stood up and began to leave the cell. However, he stopped in his tracks, his head turning slightly to the dead one behind him.

"I was tired of watching you," he said softly, "Always having to see Morohtar praise you instead of me." There was a pause along with a slight exhale of breath. "But you both were too blind to what was happening here. And because of that, I will complete the mission."

He continued to walk away, exiting the cell for the final time. With a small chuckle, Eruheran vanished into the darkness, not to be seen again for a very, very long time...