Chapter Six

Hi... I am warning you in advance that I am sorry for what I have done in this chapter, but you knew it was going to happen. Please don't hate me. I do love Legolas, I swear I do! Really! But I enjoy writing darker stories because it gives you more freedom. This chapter marks the start of Legolas and all the crap that is about to go down. Within the next week I will hopefully give you another chapter. I am not sure as of right now but I will try my best. Thank you guys for reading this story and traveling this path with me! It's now really getting fun. >:)

~Zelinith

The following day found the elders once more inside of Elrond's office, except for the presence of one. Glorfindel was outside in the garden alongside the twins, Arwen, and Legolas. With an armed guard surrounding the area, they were enjoying the sunshine by the fountain for it had been a few days since they had last ventured out there. Legolas especially had become restless.

Everyone else had met in the study and were now going over what little information they had and waiting to see if anything came up, whether it be from the fire or through discussion. So far they were unable to deduce anything more than what they had already discovered and learned from the three attacks that had already been made.

The wall behind Elrond's desk had been lined with a multitude of papers, ranging from hastily scribbled notes to actual evidence they had acquired like the Ghost's note and the drawing of the clearing. Anything that they came up with or found was added to the wall in hope that they could draw connections to something somehow.

In the midst of their talk about the patrol and going over the details once more in depth, a sudden rapping came from the main door, frantic and loud. Celebrian, who was closest to the door, said a quick "Come in".

An ellon entered the room, looking as if he had just run as if Mordor was on his heels. He mustered a hasty bow and then stood up straight, playing with something idly in his hands. They recognized him to be one of those in charge of cleaning up the damaged building from the fire.

"Hir-nin," the elf began, "When we were clearing out the last of the ashes today, one of the men found something that had been hidden underneath a stone in the floor. That area in specific had been damaged by a beam that had fallen from above, and it looks as though someone deliberately shoved this under it so it would be difficult to find."

"What is it?" Elrond asked.

The ellon seemed to pale a shade. "It's a letter, Lord Elrond. A letter from him."

Celebrian, who was still closest, walked over to the elf. Offering her hand in a silent request, the elf placed a thick piece of parchment on her palm. She nodded and gave him a small smile.

The ellon then quickly turned away, heading for the door. Placing his hand on the knob, he turned around to face the elders, grief in his eyes.

"I am sorry that we did not find it sooner, My Lords and Lady." He said quietly, voice laced with sadness. "I hope that this does not end up being cause for harm. If it does, then I do not know if we can forgive ourselves. I know that I shall not." He then left the room quietly, his words hanging in the air.

Looking down at the letter in her hands, Celebrian turned it over this way and that. There was no envelope, just folded up with a seal. Through the ash that was smudged on the yellowing paper, a distinct mark could just be seen within the blood red seal. A large G and W were imprinted within it. If there had been any doubt before that this was the Ghost Warrior's doing, then that was vanquished.

Silently, she moved over to one of the armchairs by the fireplace, picking up a letter opener along the way. Sitting down, she carefully broke the seal with the knife, making sure to keep the letters intact. Once she had set down the letter opener and unfolded the parchment, she waited until the others had gathered around her before she began to read what was written.