Chapter Nineteen

Hey guys. I got inspiration for this next sequence of events that happens with Legolas from a fanfic I read a few years ago and have continued to reread. It's been TWELVE years since the authors last updated it, but I absolutely love it (even though it was left on a major cliff hanger). The name is The Twisted Web of Fate by the Sinister Sindar Sisters on Fanfiction.net.

There's this one scene where the elves go into a plane called the "dreamscape" to try and save the Prince from death, and I think it's such a cool idea. Therefore, I've decided to do my own version of this, though not in any way like theirs (completely different scenario will play out on this plane). Either way, credit for this goes to them!

It won't be touched on much here, but you will see the start of it. This is like a short filler chapter. Sorry!

~Zelinith

Elrond and Galadriel walked down the winding hallways, wary of any danger that could be lurking about. They wouldn't put it past the Ghost Warrior to have traps in place or fell creatures waiting for them ahead.

"I feel as though we are getting close to the Prince." Elrond said softly. "I can sense him faintly. It seems he wasn't lying about Legolas' location after all."

"He doesn't have anything to lose at this point, though I fear that the damage may already be done." Galadriel replied, a tinge of sorrow in her voice. "Our Greenleaf is strong, but even the newest of saplings are prone to breaking." Silence fell between the two as they both picked up their pace.

They were aware that when they finally found Legolas his condition would be critical knowing the elf they were up against. Morohtar would do everything in his power to try and shift the future of Middle-Earth, even if that meant bringing the Prince to the brink of death or beyond. There was a fine line before them and the two elves knew that time was not on their side. All the more reason for haste.

Minutes later, although it seemed to take an age, the two halted before a side passage. There was an unspoken agreement between them that Legolas lay beyond the door before them, but there was something else as well that they couldn't place.

Regardless of this feeling, Elrond quickly pulled open the door, leading the way down the hallway. Cell after cell they checked finding nothing in each one. As the end appeared, a cell to their right caught both of their attentions, its door wide open as if to invite them. Looking inside, both elves were horrified at the small, crumpled form in the corner.

To say that the Prince was in critical condition was an understatement.

The wounds that he had received back in Imladris hadn't been treated for what seemed like days, clearly having become infected. Adding to these were claw marks across his back and side, blood still slowly dripping from them. A nasty gash adorned his face while countless cuts and bruises covered his limbs.

Elrond hovered his hands over Legolas, afraid of causing any more damage to the seemingly lifeless Prince. Although he knew this was a pointless thought because there wasn't much more he could actually do, it still caused him grief to see the elfling in such a state. Part of him believed that he was too far gone for any help.

"Elrond," Galadriel brought the Peredhel Lord out of his thoughts. "We must act quickly or we will lose him." She gave him a sad smile, gently placing his hands in both of hers. "Do not fear what has yet to happen."

Nodding mutely, Elrond followed Galadriel's lead. His left hand covered Galdriel's right one on Legolas' heart while his right pressed against his forehead, Galadriel's left covering it. A slow glow began to emit from each of their right hands, the before hidden Vilya and Nenya now pulsating with power.

In reality the two were frozen, looking like nothing more than statues. But in another plane, between reality and nothing, the two were moving hurriedly towards a sleeping Legolas.

As they concentrated on bringing back Legolas from the edge of death, a figure sauntered into the cell, his metal grin glinting in the faint light.