Inside Man

Harry had watering eyes as he sat in the back of an ambulance holding Louis's hand. He had to beg and plead for the paramedics to let him ride with Louis, he just couldn't leave him. He couldn't leave his love.

Every occasional bump Harry's body would lift up but all he did was hold Louis's hand, and seep guilt of the feeling that he wasn't capable of protecting Louis.

He should've been conscious.

He should've fought the man better.

He should've woken up earlier.

He should protect his angel, his Pink Robber, his Louis.

Harry felt even worse once he took in Louis's appearance. All the bruises and cuts...it made Harry feel sick to think that someone did this to his angel. It also made him angry though.

The rocky ambulance ride came to a stop and Harry looked over to see the paramedics opening the door preparing to take Louis out of the emergency vehicle. Harry jumped out and followed them inside, never letting go of Louis's hand.

He walked alongside the gurney Louis was being transported in, still unconscious, and was led to the front desk. There was already a police officer there. He was tall and well built. He had wide shoulders and a buzz cut. His eyes looked like big brown puppy eyes making him look even more attractive. He had a notepad and pen in hand. He saw Harry and nodded making his way over to the trembling boy.

Even though he'd get caught for Louis, that doesn't mean he still wasn't afraid.

Once the officer got over, never looking up from his notepad scribbling stuff down he said "Hello sir, I am Officer Payne. I'd like to ask a few questions and I need you to answer them truthfully. Is that ok?" officer Payne finished lifting up his head staring at Harry with a warm smile.

His smile flickered down a bit and then went right back up as if he noticed something wrong with Harry.

Shit. He knows.

Harry just nodded gulping loudly acting oblivious like he was just an innocent everyday man.

"Yes sir" Harry said shakily.

"Okkaayyy, ummm" the officer began but he looked at Harry like he was one of the seven wonders "do I know you...?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"No...?" Harry said raising an eyebrow back.

The officer just shook his head and smiled again at Harry.

"Yeah sorry I get distracted sometimes. Back to topic, when did the incident happen?" Officer Payne asked lifting up his notepad to write on it.

"After 11. Sometime around that area I guess.." Harry said not wanting to give too much info about their heist away.

"Do you know the victim?"

At the word victim Harry gulped.

"Yes"

"What was your relationship?" Officer Payne asked scribbling on his notepad what Harry just said.

"Boyfriends but not really, I'm working on it." Harry added with a little smile looking down with a short laugh through his nose.

Liam hummed and wrote that down.

"Did you know the attacker??"

"No. I had no idea who he was."

"Do you have any idea why he'd attack Louis?"