Chapter Nine: I'm Yours

Chapter status: edited

RECAP:

"Andrew, what did you do to Agnes?"

"She's overreacting." He mutters.

"No, what did you do?" I ask.

"I told her I would kick all your guys' a*ses even yours." Andrew responds.

"You are unbelieveable! I'm done with you." I spit before storming out of the room.

"Louis wait!" Andrew calls after me and I sigh then head back in. "I'm not mad at you and I'm not mad at Agnes, I'm mad at myself."

"Why?" I ask.

"Do- Don't tell Agnes but, I'm not living until Christmas. I only have a week and a half until I go."

PRESENT TIME:

My eyes widen and it feels as if my heart stops beating. My palms start sweating, I bite my lip. "Come here." He says and I walk into his arms. I hold back the tears that were wanting to overflow. "You can cry, I won't tell anyone. It'll be ok, but I need you to take care of Agnes and Caleb for me."

"I can't." I shake my head, slouching back on my knees.

"You can. You've been doing a better job than I have."

"Andrew, that's not true. I've been gone for three years barely seeing the two. You've always been there for them."

"But you have been there for her doing an amazing job when I've been in a coma." Andrew points out.

"You really think I can take care of them?" I ask.

"Of course, I do." Andrew answers.

"What are we supposed to do now? I promised Agnes everything would be ok." I blurt.

"I don't know. You need to stay strong, for her, for everyone." Andrew tells me.

"The question is how are we going to tell her and Caleb?" I ask.

"I have no idea. We need to wait."

"We can't wait to long. You are the only one who can really explain it to her."

"I know, we can't stress her out though."

"Yeah." I sigh. This is insane. "Andrew, there is no way we can survive without you. You've always been the one to take care of us and be there for us when no one else was."

"You can do it, I promise. You'll do an amazing job." All this is happening so fast, how will we cope?

=====================================================================================

Agnes' POV

I walk into the room with our coffee. "Hey." I announce.

"Hi." Andrew murmurs quietly.

"Are you ok?" I ask, handing him his.

"I need to tell you something, Agnes, I just don't know how." Andrew replies, tracing along the top.

"You can tell me anything." I assure him.

"I- I don't know how to put it." Andrew stutters.

"Just say it quick like a bandage." I respond, taking a sip.

"ItisbraincancerLouisandalltheboysandthegirlsalreadyknowI'mnotlivinguntilChristmasbecauseIonlyhaveaweekandahalfuntilIdiepleasedon'tbemadatme." He says in one breath. My heart sinks into my stomach and my cup drops to the floor, spilling everywhere. Tears burn at my eyes, threatening to overflow. I don't know what to do.

My mouth becomes dry and my stomach turns upside-down. I look down at my lap, moving my hands down to my baby bump. I fight the tears back, but they spill over.

"I don't know what to say, Andrew." I croak.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes. I stand up, grabbing my purse. I walk out of the room and swipe away my tears, heading down the stairs. My feet speed up and I walk out to the park. I sit down on a bench, my mind wondering off into space.

"Are you ok?" A familiar voice asks and I look behind me.

"You came." I give him a weak smile.

"We all did." Liam tells me whilst the boys and the girls walk up.

"Hey, Ag." Niall flashes me a smile.

"Andrew told us you stormed out of the room." Zayn explains.

"We're really sorry about Andrew." Harry mumbles.

"Me too." I sigh.

(play the song on the side)

I lay my head on Louis' shoulder. He puts an arm around me, kissing my head and Niall holds my hand. "Go ahead and talk if you want." Louis offers. I stay silent, wrapping an arm around his waist. Niall starts playing with my hair.

"It's gonna be hard without him but I promise you everything will turn out ok." Eleanor says.

"I can't help the feeling things are going to fall apart." I murmur from inside Louis's chest.

"It might, but everything will build right back up." Zayn assures me.

"No, it won't. Andrew is going to be gone and I am going to need to have a baby without anyone." I blurt.

"You won't be alone on this, Agnes. We're all always going to be there for you." Liam tells me.

"I've only known you for a couple days, but I'll be here too." Hannah beams.

"Thanks, guys." I state, sitting up. "It's just so hard to process all of this at once."

"It's going to be hard in the beginning of this, but by the end of the chapter, things will be really easy." Niall gives my hand a squeeze.

"I've never felt this way before, I've never been so stressed." I admit.

"It's happened to all of us before." Zayn shrugs.

"I just feel like screaming at the top of my lungs until I lose my voice." I respond.

"Go ahead, Ag. We don't mind." Harry states. Everyone plugs their ears and I scream at the top of my lungs about everything. The screams and tears flowing out of me at the same time, making me feel some what better. My only problem now is going back to face Andrew again.