The Ball Part 1

Ivy's dress!^^^

As 6 o'clock arrived I tried on my dress. I've been working nonstop on it until it was done. There were a couple spots were the sewing wasn't even, but it was all fixed when I turned it inside out.

As I slipped into the dress I smiled. It fit perfectly. My maid stood beside me and I could hear her gasp behind me. It was tight in all the right spots and it made me look very pretty.

I pick out some purple flats and I have my maid do my makeup. Just some simple mascara, eyeliner and blush.

"You look beautiful, lady Ivy!" My maid Penny says.

"Thank you and just Ivy, please." I say smiling at my maid before making my way to the ball room.

When I arrive I'm greeted by Cassia. "Your late," Cassia says before seeing my dress, "but I see why. That's a beautiful dress!"

"Thank you!" I say smiling. I've never really gotten this many compliments in such a short time before.

When I enter the ball room I gasp at the beauty of it. The whole room is decorated with white, pink and purple flowers. The tables have black table cloths over them and there's a long buffet table at the side. There's guards standing all around the room and in the middle of the room is a dance floor.

I look at some of the other girls who are already her. Some are fixing their dresses, some are visiting and some are dancing. Most of the girls went with short dresses since they would be easier.

I make my way to the buffet table first. I look at all the food. There's seafood, sandwiches, dip, crackers, fruit, veggies, pretty much anything. Even a chocolate fountain!

I go straight to the chocolate fountain. While I'm dipping my strawberry into the chocolate a girl steps out form beside the fountain. I'm pretty sure her name is Ashley Swans.

"Where'd you get that dress?" She asks sarcastically while glancing beside me where most of the royal family is sitting.

"Oh, well I made it," I say nervously not knowing what she's planning on doing.

"Well if you made it, why is it so perfect?" She says. I can tell she doesn't like me much. She sees me as competition that needs to disappear.

"I wouldn't say it's perfect-" I say as she reaches forward and grabs the fabric of my dress ripping it out of its seam.

"I wouldn't say it's perfect either," she says nastily before walking away.

She ripped my dress! I worked very hard on this dress and she ripped it. My hatred for her goes up by 100% and I want to walk right over to her and rip her dress too, but I don't. It wouldn't change much anyway.

I run to the women's room with tears falling from my cheeks. This can't be good. As I look at myself in the mirror, I realize what I look like.

I look like I can't take a like competition. Like I'm letting her win. I CAN'T let that happen. She has not won. I wipe my eyes and fix my mascara before looking at my dress.

I realize then that she only ripped the bottom half of the dress from the seam and that I can just make my dress short. I look around the bathroom until I find a sharp piece of metal that was once part of a handle.

I take the sharp piece and use it to cut carefully just above the ripped seam. When I look back in the mirror I look much better. My dress isn't as nice as it was, but it's still nice.

I put the metal piece back where I found it before leaving the washroom, ready to take on whatever's waiting for me at the ball.