Punishments

When I wake up in the morning my maid, Penny comes with a wheel chair and brings me to my room so I can get ready.

When we arrive at my room I go to stand from the wheelchair, but I fall back down on my butt because of my leg. Great! Just great! Now I can't walk!

"What are you getting me ready for?" I ask while my maid picks me out a dress.

"I don't know. I was told it's a surprise and that only the royal family knows what's going to happen," Penny says.

"Oh," I say before she helps me into a peach, knee length, summer dress with matching shoes.

Once I'm ready Penny takes me down to the court room where I was yesterday. I see the chair I was sitting in yesterday and realize it hasn't moved.

What's going on? I ask myself trying to think of an answer. I just sit on my wheelchair watching the whole thing play out.

Guards are coming in and standing around the room. The king, queen and princes are all sitting on their thrones and the other selected girls are in chairs lined up beside them.

Suddenly I feel myself being pushed forward and turn around quickly to see Cassia.

"What's going on?" I ask quickly.

"Don't worry about it dear. I'm just bringing you to the other girls. It's nice to see you again," Cassia says quickly before parking me beside the other girls and walking away before I could ask anymore questions.

I turn as the King stands. "Welcome Illea! To the time for the selected girls to give criminals who have disgraced the laws of Illea their rightful punishments!" The king says into the camera that just arrived and is now filming.

"We will start with Clara Weasley," the King says as Clara steps up and goes to the small throne at the side of the room. How come they all know what to do, but I don't?

I watch as a she puts a criminal in jail for 3 years for stealing and then it's Ashley. She's called up and she gracefully walks up and puts her criminal in jail for 10 years.

Next Teddy Swim goes then Dawn Backs then Eve Change and finally Ryanne Smith.

"Next we have our recently returned selected, Ivy Tree." He says frowning. I don't know why he doesn't like me.

As the cameras turn to me I just sit there for a moment before realizing I'm supposed to go up to the chair.

I slowly wheel myself there before parking myself beside the small throne. I can tell the King isn't happy about me not sitting on the throne, but I can't get up the small steps that go to it.

I watch as they bring in a criminal. This one a lot younger then the others. This one being a little girl. This one being Gravely.

The guards push her onto her knees before the cameras go back to the king for a second.

"This little girl is a rebel. She tried to kill me! What will her punishment be, Lady Ivy?" The king asks.

The cameras turn back to me and I don't say anything. I lock eyes with Gravely and I can tell she's pleading for me to do something.

I take a deep breathe before opening my mouth and talking.

"This little girl never did anything wrong. Yes she's a rebel, so? She can't help where she's born. The only reason she tried killing the king was because the king marched into the rebels camp and toke this little girl away from her family. It was self defence! She was trying to get away from the king and be with her family!" I say before wheeling myself out of the room.

I know I shouldn't have done it, but I couldn't help it. Gravely didn't deserve any punishment. She's had enough of it already!