Plans

I wake up to a shake. As I let my eyes adjust to the light I realize it's night time. I look over to see who's nudging me. It looks like a guard, but I can't tell.

"We've been looking for you, Lady Ivy. Please do not panic. I will be taking you back to your room," the guard says slowly making sure I understand every last bit of what he's saying.

As the guard picks me up, I look around. I'm still in the secret garden, but Zach isn't here. Why isn't he here? I remember then how he ran off. I need to find him. As I start to panic in the guard's arms he accidentally drops me and for the second time today. I go tumbling to the ground and I black out.

~~~

I wake up in my bed. Except none of my maids are here. As I sit up I get dizzy and I have to lay back down, but when I try again I'm able to successfully get on my feet. As I look around, I realize that nothing is in the correct spots. Everything has been moved around since the last time I was here and it couldn't have been my maids because they know that I don't like it when they move my stuff.

Something bad had to of happened. As I slowly make my way to my door I peak out and what I see is horrible. Their's blood on the walls and a few guards lying on the ground down the hallway. Are the rebels still here?

I sneak out of my room quietly, but as the door closes behind me a guard comes around the corner. "Lady Ivy, I mean Princess Ivy. Your awake," the guard says surprisingly.

He quickly walks towards me and guides me back into my room. "Get dressed, but something comfy. You have work to do," he says before closing the door. "I'll be waiting for you when your done," he says before I hear faint foot steps as he walks back down the hallway.

As I look around my room again, I follow the guards directions. I pick out a pair of black pants and a plain white shirt with a grey jacket. As I get dressed I brush my hair quickly pulling it back in a loose ponytail. It feels weird without my maids here.

As I give my room one last glance I spot the dagger Zach gave me on the dresser. I quickly grab it and attach it to my pant belt. As I look myself in the mirror one more time. I barely recognize myself. How could I go from pretty dresses and ball gowns to getting ready to fight somebody the very next day?

I turn away form my reflection. Ignoring what I saw in the mirror and exiting my room. As I walk out of the room the guard is there who leads me down the stairs and into a room I've never been in, but by the sign on the door I know it's the meeting room.

As I enter the guard leads me in and gestures to a chair. As I get seated I look up at the other people sitting at the table. Their's the queen's manager who I've seen on tv before and other people I've never seen before. As I look at everyone at the table I realize that the Queen and Zach aren't here. I also realize that I'm sitting in the king's chair at the end of the table.

All the people surrounding the table look at me and I look at them. Finally one of the people coughs to clear their throat. As he looks at me with a questioning look, I realize that they're waiting for me to say something.

"Oh," I say before thinking, " so what happened here?" I ask. I look around as each of the people wait for someone to tell me.

Finally someone speaks up and says, "when the Rebels attacked, they killed anybody in the way. We had many casualties, so all the selected girls left were sent home early this morning," a women to my left says.

"What about the Queen and Prince Zach," I ask.

"Well they were kidnapped," another person says.

I look down at my hands for a second. How dare the Rebels take them. They will pay for this! I think as a wave of anger washes over me.

As the room goes silent, I look up with not a single look of doubt in my eyes and say, "We will march tonight to their camp and if they want war their going to get it."