Friends

Why'd I have to be paired up with Ashley again? Oh yeah, life hates me.

Wonderful just wonderful! I get stuck with the girl that ripped my dress! The girl that isn't and never will be even close to the definition of nice.

I slide into a chair across from Ashley at a small round table in the corner.

"So we have the twins 5th birthday party, any ideas?" I ask.

"How am I supposed to know?" Ashley snaps back inspecting her nails.

"You know what? I'm done with dealing with your problems! Just because your a two doesn't mean you can just go around throwing your problems on others! You need to learn to control your feelings! If you ever want to win this selection you need to really start proving to people that you wouldn't just go hide in a corner if something went wrong! People have enough problems on their own they don't need yours too!" I yell are her. I don't care anymore. She needs to start acting like there's nothing wrong if she ever plans on winning this darn selection.

As I storm out of the room I glance back to see Ashley looking close to tears, but at this moment I really don't care.

I'm done.
~~~
I'm shaken awake gently later by my maid who smiles sweetly at me before pointing to the door where Ashley is standing waiting patiently.

"Go ahead," I said letting my maid know she could leave.

"Hey," Ashley says once my maid is gone.

"Why are you here?" I ask getting to the point.

"I wanted to apologize. I never meant to act like that. I used to be different, but-but-but," Ashley says.

"Spit it out," I say nastily.

"Well my mom married and I became a 2. I was a 4 before. I-I got addicted to feeling like I was better then everyone and I never realized what I was really doing," she pauses, "I know we'll probably never see eye to eye especially after what I've done, but I don't want to be your enemy anymore."

I nod in understanding, "me either."

"So should we work on party planning?" She asks.

"Hell yeah!" I say smiling and she grins too.